Bastogne: Screaming Eagles under Siege» Forums » General

Subject: A simple question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I often have no problem mastering a game's tougher rules in general but instead I often get caught out by one of its more basic rules instead and this I think is one

After a combat that results in a step loss for the defender but yields no retreat result and the defender is eliminated from the map, can the attacker move into that vacant hex even though no "r" result was given?

BTW in the little time that I've engrossed myself into this hobby, this game probably ranks as the finest I've played so far and absolutely love the system

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Talbot
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
10.0 should answer your question.

Keith T.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Spetz

Tampa Bay Area -Pinellas County
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn Raider wrote:
After a combat that results in a step loss for the defender but yields no retreat result and the defender is eliminated from the map, can the attacker move into that vacant hex even though no "r" result was given?
Yes. Whenever the defenders hex ends up being empty, the attacker can occupy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks and as I thought this is an easy rule that I somehow must have overlooked considering the amount of times that I must have probably read through rule 10.0

Also how does Bastogne rank in the SCS game series in terms of being one of the best games, I got it as it came very recommended and I aim to next get It Never Snows sometime soon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Talbot
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's is a great game, although it is does not have supply rules in it. Ive personally have been enjoying panzer battles. http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/178655/panzer-battles-11t.... It never snows is really good to.

Keith T

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
katalbot wrote:
It's is a great game, although it is does not have supply rules in it. Ive personally have been enjoying panzer battles. http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/178655/panzer-battles-11t.... It never snows is really good to.

Keith T

Yes I was surprised to see that supply was not included, after of course reading about supply in the main rules first the 1.7 rules booklet that came with the game, before reading the actual game rulebook.

I think I remember seeing that there is a 1.8 version of the rules and if so has much changed?

Panzer Battles is a must for me given that it's Eastern front but is still not readily available here just yet and the other game in the series that appeals to me is the Marne game.

In a strange coincidence, I've just started watching Band of Brothers having never seen it before which ties in nicely with Bastogne as the 101st is the featured US Division

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Talbot
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1.8 contains known errata and new clarifications, it can be freely down loaded.

Yes one of my other favorites is the Rock of the Marne, I highly recommend it if you can get it.

The Band of Brothers series is great !

Keith T

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.