Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew water as one of my two tokens during an obligatory draw 2 keep 1. Not sure how to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel King
United States
Franklin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume that you would have to keep the other, but I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the draw three keep two optional action that plays at the end of your cup test the rules explicitly say you toss any moisture until you have three non-moisture...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aram12 wrote:
For the draw three keep two optional action that plays at the end of your cup test the rules explicitly say you toss any moisture until you have three non-moisture...

I just read the section. I guess that points to the fact, that we have to keep the moisture token. You can place the moisture token in the cup or the other one. So if the other one is a burnt bean for example, your better choice would be the moisture token. There is no definite "take it out of the game" or "you have to use the other one". In all other cases there is a clear message (draw up to three, remove it from the game, draw not another token..).

Other than that, we have to wait for an official answer, but I think the designer isn't around in the forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're saying if you drew a moisture and a burnt bean you would want to put the moisture in the cup? So how does the moisture score? There's no indication of it's penalty value. More ambiguity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I would put the moisture in the cup because of the penalty of the burnt bean. But you are right: I don't know how I would score the moisture token. There is nothing in the rules, maybe it just scores as zero points. Maybe we have to draw another token if we draw a moisture token during this special turn - nothing in the rules.

Seems like a unclear situation, I don't have a solution for that. Personally, I would play like i've written above: Placing the token in the cup and score it as a zero. But I don't know if thats right..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincenzo Tringali
Germany
Offenbach am Main
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the moisture is never put in the cup.

I would immediately remove the token from the game and redraw until 2 non-moisture tokes are drawn. Just as the "Redraw-2" at page 13.
Other than during the roasting phase (see Immediate effects at page 7) are moister rules during the cup test much more forgiving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Becienz wrote:
I think the moisture is never put in the cup.

You're right!

I re-read the rules again, especially the section about the cup test. There's clearly stated, that when a Moisture Token is drawn, it is removed from the game. So the only information that is missing is: can we draw another token as a replacement or not?whistle

I wrote a geekmail to the designer, let's see what he says.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that. Awaiting response.

While we're waiting, I just want to say that the third penalty that you assess during the cup test (-5 points if you have less than 10 tokens in the bag) completely eluded me on my first, oh, say 16 plays. Just one more thing to think about. Are you allowed to count the tokens in the bag? I can't remember if it's explicitly allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
His answer below..

saashiandsaashi wrote:

[...]
I am sorry for the delay in my reply.

I want to answer your question as soon as possible.
However, we're currently in a rush to complete the production of our new game, which will be released in December.

Therefore please wait until the end of next week.
I give an official answer in a forum.
[...]
Saashi

So we have to wait a couple of days. I wonder what game they will release?whistle

edit: to answer your question. I think it's not allowed, since you "shouldn't" place all your discarded tokens in the box but in front of you, so that you can count all the tokens (you know how many are in there: initial tokens of the bean sheet + 2 + 3 steam (or what is it called?) + maybe some split beans - maybe some combined beans - the moisture tokens)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
saashi andsaashi
msg tools
designer
publisher
I am a designer of this game.
I will answer questions about the treatment of Moisture Tokens.

During “the Cup Test (including Draw and Select Token)” Moisture Tokens are automatically removed, and don't count as tokens. 
For instance if you pull a Moisture Token then it is removed and you immediately draw a replacement until you have the appropriate number of tokens (2 in the Draw and Select Token).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much! Happy gaming meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.