Subject: Shield platform rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Abad
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could anyone please explain how the Thread card Shield Platform works?
It says «Protects external threats» Shall I assume I must get rid of it first before I can target other threats?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Volodioso wrote:
Could anyone please explain how the Thread card Shield Platform works?
It says «Protects external threats» Shall I assume I must get rid of it first before I can target other threats?

You don't need an explanation - you understand it already . You can't hurt other external threats so long as the shield platform is in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Abad
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So what if it's an external threat that happens once and is then discarded, like Solar Winds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nickydude wrote:
So what if it's an external threat that happens once and is then discarded, like Solar Winds?

The shield platform would, in theory, protect Solar Winds, but you can't shoot at it anyway so it's irrelevant. It wouldn't prevent Solar Winds from discarding after activating.

Now there is a particular toxic combination in the KS version called Orbital Cannon in combination with Solar Winds. You can't kill the Cannon because the Solar Winds exists. You can't kill the Solar Winds because you can't attack it. Doh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shanaman
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the shield platform just protect external threats from damage, or does it also prevent the stasis beam from being used against them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tiptree wrote:
Does the shield platform just protect external threats from damage, or does it also prevent the stasis beam from being used against them?

I would say that Stasis Beams would be OK, but Tony may contradict me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shanaman
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thx. For now, I was just assuming that if I first put the Shield Platform in stasis, then I can apply any additional green dice to other external threats. (also, I assume that the Shield Platform doesn't protect itself, even though it is an external threat )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The shield platform definitely doesn't protect itself. If it did, the game would be unsinkable because you'd never be able to shoot at anything. I agree with your interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.