Popular Tags: [View All]
andrea melegari
Italy
parma
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all,
i tried the game for a few turns in Essen and like many other players i was quite disappointed. I found it less inspired than a usual feld design, less clever in the mechanics and with a lot of randomness that in a game of optimization where you don't want to waste any move is difficult to accept. However in the last few days i have read a lot of enthusiastic impressions about the game and a lot of people suggesting to give the game a couple of plays to discover his beauty.
Since i am a huge feld fan i wonder if this is the case, and i should buy the game for a second chance...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our second game was much more enjoyable and rewarding than our first, for what it's worth. Looking forward to our next game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
buzzlightyear wrote:
Hi all,
i tried the game for a few turns in Essen and like many other players i was quite disappointed. I found it less inspired than a usual feld design, less clever in the mechanics and with a lot of randomness that in a game of optimization where you don't want to waste any move is difficult to accept. However in the last few days i have read a lot of enthusiastic impressions about the game and a lot of people suggesting to give the game a couple of plays to discover his beauty.
Since i am a huge feld fan i wonder if this is the case, and i should buy the game for a second chance...

I'm not sure it's possible to get a real feel for the game in just a couple of turns... the mechanics, sure, but the feel of the game really comes down to the finish line.

The rules suggest using just 8 Zeus tiles for a shorter game, and I recommend that for a first play so you can get to the end quicker. But subsequent plays I'm sure you'd want to do the whole thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.