Subject: Guard question - hero on same space as monster rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if this has been asked. I had a trawl and couldn't find it.

I understand that guard triggers when you move away from a close space. What happens if you start your move from the same space as a monster? Does it trigger twice if you want to get away? (one for same space to adjacent close space, one for the close space to safely two spaces away)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
yes to both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent St. Pierre
United States
Rocky hill
Connecticut (CT)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Ljubljana - Šentvid
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You triggers guard reaction even if you go in to space with monster

so it can be 3 time in one turn

rulebook page 19, 2nd move, top right on page
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katja Koerber
Germany
flag msg tools
I thought guard reaction (close space) is only triggered by attacking another monster?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arwen1979 wrote:
I thought guard reaction (close space) is only triggered by attacking another monster?

Attacking another monster that is close to the hero does not trigger a guard reaction.

You are probably mistaking guard reaction with payback reaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arwen1979 wrote:

Attacking another monster that is not close to you, or by moving out of a space that is close to a monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Wolfe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
page 13 of rulebook, a Close space is the space a character is in or any space orthogonally adjacent (not blocked by a wall or door)

Guard reactions occur whenever you move from a monster's Close space. So, whether you move away or towards a monster, the Guard reaction triggers for each move from the Close spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wolfejo wrote:
page 13 of rulebook, a Close space is the space a character is in or any space orthogonally adjacent (not blocked by a wall or door)

Guard reactions occur whenever you move from a monster's Close space. So, whether you move away or towards a monster, the Guard reaction triggers for each move from the Close spaces.

It will also happen if you attack a monster that is not close to the hero or if you attack another hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Roderiques
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This question is about the portal.It says in rules that monsters don't use guard reaction if in same space as portal if you use it if close. What if I am two spaces away and try to move through portal. Does monster get guard reaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stryder1965 wrote:
This question is about the portal.It says in rules that monsters don't use guard reaction if in same space as portal if you use it if close. What if I am two spaces away and try to move through portal. Does monster get guard reaction.

What do you mean "two spaces away"? Away from what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moving through portals will never cause guard reactions regardless where the hero/monster is located

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Garcia
United States
Culver City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the movement THROUGH the portal is exempt from the Guard Reaction though. Any movement you make to get TO the portal will trigger a Guard Reaction if that move begins on a space that is close to a monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stryder1965 wrote:

Of course there is a reaction. You moved before you used the portal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.