Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get buyers remorse on everything I have ever buy.
Have you played all the expansions you have?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gerig
United States
Upland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At once, or total?

I've got more invested in Dominion than anything else. Base game, most of the expansions, sleeves, storage... probably somewhere around $500 total.

The most I've spent at once on a single game was much more pedestrian -- Scythe for $80.

I do regret that I don't have a couple of the Dominion expansions yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's nothing compared to KDM, but Arkham Horror + all expansions is this most I've spent on a single game. And its still one of my favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't regret a single dime of money I spent on all those Magic: The Gathering cards.

Pete (might start playing again someday if time permits)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
kirkatronics wrote:
I get buyers remorse on everything I have ever buy.
Have you played all the expansions you have?

Not yet, it's a vast game. You get what you pay for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
flaquito wrote:
At once, or total?

I've got more invested in Dominion than anything else. Base game, most of the expansions, sleeves, storage... probably somewhere around $500 total.

The most I've spent at once on a single game was much more pedestrian -- Scythe for $80.

I do regret that I don't have a couple of the Dominion expansions yet.

Could be either at once or over time, over a single game + its expansions.

I've invested 3 big boxes on Dominion (Base, Intrigue & Seaside) and I eventually intend to collect them all (if theu don't run out of print before I do

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The highest price single game I own is the War of the Ring Collector's Edition. If you add up all the modules for Panzer Grenadier system, it might come out to more. Also, I have 2 copies of almost all the Commands & Colors: Napoleonics system, so that's probably up there in cost as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
Sphere wrote:
99.99% of my regrets about time spent in the hobby revolve around how much I've wasted on threads of this nature. I wish I'd spent it playing anything, no matter how trivial or banal.

Well, I don't have anyone to play with right now and I'm usually done after spending 4 hours playing board games in a single day, so hey I thought I might relax and spend some time in the forum with some fellow BGmers. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jay
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Around 1500 onHordes Primal Mk II. I don't regret any of it, but i am currently on hiatus while they sort out things in the new edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick B
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Arcadia Quest, and I'm still going because everything is not available yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
lifelesspoet wrote:
Around 1500 onHordes Primal Mk II. I don't regret any of it, but i am currently on hiatus while they sort out things in the new edition.

Wow I've never heard of it before. Seems like a good game too laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the money I have and will spend for games/extensions with "Legendary" printed in the box and for the sleeves it require.

Or, even broader category: everything with "deck-building" on the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$150 for Orleans Deluxe Edition plus the Invasion expansion. It's the most I've ever spent on a board game (as opposed to collectible card or miniatures games), but I don't regret it at all. Great game, great production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlestar Galactica + all 3 expansions.... ~$150

These days, I'm down to playing bg once every week to every month, with the average being around twice a month, with each session being around 1 to 5 games at 4 to 6 hours. In the last decade, I was at a healthier twice a week.

Furthermore, I had one game group where I was able to play this an average x2 a week for about 8 months. This was before the 3rd, Daybreak exp came out, but we definitely got our money's worth out of this cool

I highly doubt I will ever get my copy played again, but I'll hold onto as a memento. If need be, I could consider selling, but no rush. It's not like there are any other Fantasy Flight Games I'm in a rush to buy and need the money for

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good grief, scary to contemplate. Probably thousands of dollars on Magic: The Gathering, though I made most or all of it back selling cards later. And certainly had a ton of fun with it along the way.

The most expensive single item I've purchased was a high-quality Crokinole board. Worth every penny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I don't play anymore and haven't for years I will continue to block out the memory of the thousands of dollars I spent on Magic back in the day.

For the purposes of this thread, nothing too outrageous. I think the most I ever spent on a single board game was paying retail for the Mage Knight board game back when it was hard to find. Around 90 bucks. I have spent a ton on the Lord of the Rings LCG as I have everything for it, but it's been spread out over the last five years so it doesn't feel like a lot. No regrets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
I've spent roughly $600-700 on Space Hulk 1st edition with all supported expansions and miniatures, including the 17 sculpts of Genestealer Cultists models, which go for $15 a piece when bought alone. This was a childhood dream come true as I had no money of my own when I knew of the game(early 1990's.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most I spent on a game without getting remorse was €82 for Race for the Galaxy + expansions.

My problem is that I have larger investments that I am not yet certain will be worth the coin I plunked into them (The 7th Continent being the highest expense)

I do not have yet a confirmed costly dud, but time will tell... yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$250+ on The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

But for core games, it would be $62 on Runewars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Adorno
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me has to be Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game. All the expansions currently(except Deadpool, which I plan to pick up), Custom dividers, all sleeved in Ultra Pro Clears. Next would be 7 Wonders, which has gotten equal treatment. No remorse

Most of my remorseful buys have to be Flick 'em Up!, Fury of Dracula (third edition) and Discoveries. One was to long, one never hit the table and the other was just boring as all get out.

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game was probably my biggest waste of money. Had spent about $265 on it when it was all said and done. Thankfully sold it off for almost all of my money back before I got deeper in the hole

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lautermilch
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$100 dollars on an unpunched copy of 1914: Twilight in the East

That will be eclipsed soon enough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It's nothing compared to KDM, but Arkham Horror + all expansions is this most I've spent on a single game. And its still one of my favorites.

Yeah. Me too. Also have quite a few of the monster mini's. Would love the investigator mini's but not at the price they go for now.

Back in the day I spent a lot on Magic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
21 years of warhammer 40k....

I used to drop ~$1500 on stuff at games days.

I can safely estimate upwards of $15,000

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.