1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Missing Card (Lita Chantler 117 14/16) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Goodrick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I picked up my copy in Bristol (UK) today and unfortunately it seems to be missing a card. The card is from the Gathering set, 14 of 16, card number 117. I assume it is a Ghoul of some sort.

Anyone else in the UK with this problem? The distributor for my local shop is Esdevium.

Edit: Lots of help here helped me find it in an unexpected place (it is a scenario card for The Gathering but is found with the player cards).
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Missing Card
177 is part of scenario 3.

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/arkhamhorror/arkham-horr...

Luckily you can play just fine without it. That encounter set is one of several possible sets that could be added to the encounter deck for scenario 3. You could just not put that set in the random selection or proxy that one card until they address the issue.

I've never contacted FFG about this sort of thing. Do you think it was a production mistake that the card is missing or was the box unsealed when you purchased it?

Add: see below. I thought he said 177 not 117.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buried Thorn wrote:
I picked up my copy in Bristol (UK) today and unfortunately it seems to be missing a card. The card is from the Gathering set, 14 of 16, card number 117. I assume it is a Ghoul of some sort.

Anyone else in the UK with this problem? The distributor for my local shop is Esdevium.

Take it back to the shop, swap it for a non-faulty copy. They are legally obliged to do that for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
wait you said 117. That's this card:

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/arkhamhorror/arkham-horr...

That's a central card to scenario 1. Not just another ghoul. You need that to play the game. I don't recall the card order in the sealed packs. She might be stuck in a different spot than your encounter cards. Scan through your cards for Lita to make sure she wasn't just somewhere else in the stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Goodrick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The card is 117 not 177 and is part of the first scenario.

I'll certainly contact the shop when they open tomorrow - they are usually very helpful. I just wondered if the problem was widespread or if I was just unlucky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a suggestion but you might try to (carefully) flex the card deck; I've found cards stuck together before. Sometimes only discovered on the third or fourth pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah I've had cards stick together too before. Like Rob Rob said try bending them a little to see if any separate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Silverio

West Des Moines
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not the first person to think that card is missing. There were 3 of us who got our copies at Arkham Nights and we all missed that card. It's in an odd spot compared to where you think it should be.

EDIT: Keep looking is basically what I'm saying. It should be in there. It has a back similar to the rest of the character decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I suspected considering the card is a campaign asset and not an encounter set card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Goodrick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ok, thanks for that - card found. I was going through the set-up and was expecting all the scenario cards to have the same back. Lita Chantler is indeed there with the enemies. I really should have read ahead a bit more before jumping to conclusions. Some investigator I'd make IRL.

Should I close this thread to hide my embarrassment (and if so how?) or leave it as a testament to stupidity?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buried Thorn wrote:
Ok, thanks for that - card found. I was going through the set-up and was expecting all the scenario cards to have the same back. Lita Chantler is indeed there with the enemies. I really should have read ahead a bit more before jumping to conclusions. Some investigator I'd make IRL.

Should I close this thread to hide my embarrassment (and if so how?) or leave it as a testament to stupidity?

Leave the thread as it may happen to others. Maybe edit the title with the card name and number so it show up if you search for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Burnett
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phew, thanks to the pic I found it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Broom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes actually this is a nice thread because it definitely looks like multiple people are having this issue

I don't think you should be embarrassed, you've made me aware of the possibility of the issue for when I (hopefully!) get my copy in the mail tomorrow.

Happy gaming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paddy Schell
Germany
flag msg tools
Interesting. I thought that release wasn't before tomorrow...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gapraid wrote:
Interesting. I thought that release wasn't before tomorrow...

Funny you should say that, I was in a shop today and mentioned, based on this thread, that a shop somewhere sold a copy yesterday. The lass on the till looked very grim and started issuing dire prognostications about the awful fate that will befall said store if FFG/Asmodee/Esdevium find out they've broken the street date embargo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
It was my understanding that there was an agreement to uphold the street date in exchange for getting the product at a lower price than the online retailers. That was to ensure no shop had an unfair advantage over the others just because it was first in the shipping queue. This was part of the pricing restructure stuff that happened after the Asmodee merger.

I'm not sure exactly what the consequence would be if someone informed on the store that broke the street date. I feel for the lady behind the counter. They are playing by the rules. It always hurts when you hear about someone cheating and getting away with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phillosmaster wrote:
It was my understanding that there was an agreement to uphold the street date in exchange for getting the product at a lower price than the online retailers. That was to ensure no shop had an unfair advantage over the others just because it was first in the shipping queue. This was part of the pricing restructure stuff that happened after the Asmodee merger.

I'm not sure exactly what the consequence would be if someone informed on the store that broke the street date. I feel for the lady behind the counter. They are playing by the rules. It always hurts when you hear about someone cheating and getting away with it.

The thing is, rarely will you get someone to rat out their own FLGS. I'll rat out yours though because I'm jealous that you get the game today and I have to wait until tomorrow .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Goodrick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
When I ordered this game I told the store that I thought the release date was Thursday 10th (though I didn't know it was forbidden to be sold until that date). I asked them to give me a call when the game arrived so that I could pick it up. That call came on Tuesday and I thought "Wow, it's early!" One person was manning the store on their own and he is fairly new (I think). So perhaps he hadn't been told that the game shouldn't be sold until Thursday. Whatever, I don't think that there was any malicious intent to break any embargo here, just a simple mistake perhaps.

And I'm certainly not going to name my store.

Judging by at least one of the posts above, other people elsewhere in the UK managed to get it ahead of Thursday as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I got it yesterday and had a very quick game last night. Great fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I saw this I was not expecting the missing card to be a player either found it thought thanks to this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Donnell
United States
North Vernon
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for this thread, I was convinced my copy was missing a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Howell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who haven't figured it out yet: there are two main bags of cards in the game, one for cards with a player card back, and the other for encounter card backs & double-sided cards. The "missing" card happens to be an encounter card with a player card back, hence it's bagged with the player cards.

A similar thing happened to me when opening one of the Lord of the Rings expansions (I think it was Lost Realm). There was a double-sided encounter card that at first I thought was missing but it was actually down the bottom of the last pack with the other double-sided cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe B
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Glad I found this post! Was going through the setup for the intro game and it says to take this card out of play, with no indication that it isn't found with the ghoul priest card. Despite being cards #116 and #117.

Whew!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dapperghast Meowregard
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
erik_wolff wrote:

+1 to this, gotta wonder who greenlit that. "So it's a scenario specific card that players can in no way include in their decks (I assume)? Lets put her in a totally unrelated location from the rest of the encounter cards not even in the same bag- actually screw it, lets put her underneath the insert and not tell anybody. Because madness."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dapperghast wrote:
erik_wolff wrote:

+1 to this, gotta wondered who greenlit that. "So it's a scenario specific card that players can in no way include in their decks (I assume)? Lets put her in a totally unrelated location from the rest of the encounter cards not even in the same bag- actually screw it, lets put her underneath the insert and not tell anybody. Because madness."

I'm sure it had to do with the player card back and the way the printer cuts and collates and bags the cards. There is no conspiracy and it was probably cost prohibitive to do it any other way. Maybe they could have put a warning in the campaign guide but whatever, we can survive this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.