6 Posts

Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! (second edition)» Forums » General

Subject: How is with 3 - 4 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ste M
msg tools
Hi.
How is the game with 3-4 people. Because our group usually play with 3 or 4 people. Also, is this one the best to start the series?
There are similar mechanics in age of reason/Renaissance?

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Mooney
msg tools
Three or four players would not be a problem. One player has two commands and each of the others has one. Go for it and let us know how it works.

Patrick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Farrell
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

Although the game can be played by one to four players I think it is probably at it's best with two. If you want a good four person game try Strike of the Eagle (Also by Academy games).

Sorry I can't provide more help. Awakening the Bear is the only one in the series I have played and I am not familiar with Age of Reason/Renaissance.

It looks like you just joined Board game Geek if I am reading your profile correctly. Welcome. It's a fun site with lots of nice helpful people.

Happy Gaming,

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both Strike of the Eagle and CoH.

Both are great with four players. There are limited scenarios that accommodate that in CoH, but the ones that do are very good.

There's at least one - possibly more - specifically 3 player scenarios for CoH.

And for both games, 4-player scenarios can readily and fairly be played by 3-players (one player just plays as 2-players, keeping track of his two armies/commands separately).

Great games - both of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Carey
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience with some of the four player scenarios is that they can take quite awhile. Otherwise, they work well for 4 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Around 25-30% of the firefights in CoH include 3-4 players.

And although I only played a few of the multi player games, they worked really well.

If you want to solo these 3-4 player scenarios though, you could be playing 6-8 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.