Popular Tags: [View All]
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
How do you feel about the amount of exclusive content being offered in this Kickstarter?
I wish there was less exclusive content.
I'm fine with what it currently is and hope they do not add any more.
I wish there was more exclusive content.
      124 answers
Poll created by trakes

EDIT: I added a poll since it was suggested.

Unfortunately for me I'm barely going to be able to afford a God pledge. There's just no way I'm going to be able to add much beyond that. I really like what I'm seeing in terms of miniatures and gameplay and if I really like a game, I'd really like to be able to get additional components that appeal to me for the game and enhance my enjoyment of it.

It is so frustrating when you know there are amazing features/add-ons to a game you enjoy but there is no way of getting them unless you sell one of your kids and buy it off of eBay.

The more exclusives that get added, the more I feel like just saying screw it and not pledging and completely passing on this game. Am I in the minority on feeling this way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Andersson
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
Uuurrh! I let him in, uuuhh, was that not cool? Arrrarrh...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, totally getting rid of at least one kid to go all in on this... you can always make more kids but these things are KS-exclusives, man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well .. it's an old argument. If the creator doesn't do KSEs, they collect less money and can offer less minis, also for retail because they can't afford to make all the moulds.

I can imagine creators doing KSE's. That way they can get the most money out of a KS. It may be frustrating (I also miss a lot of AQ heroes) but understandable. There's simply no good solution for this which satisfies all parties.

Anyway you can pledge what you can now and add some more when the PM opens in january.
And agreed, even though I can go all-in easily (just sold all my kids) I think there's a bit much KSE's in this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
hopefully the PM will be open for more than one month. this way, you have multiple paychecks to afford the exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Need More Coffee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fear of missing out, the insatiable drug that fuels the economics of the board game world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd say the likelihood they're going to stop with the KSE is pretty slim, for the reasons mentioned earlier. Whilst it's nice to have everything, it's by no means needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
I am assuming the all-in price will wind up being in the neighborhood of $400 (hoping for less than that - please don't go over it).

It's unfortunate for those who can't afford it, but without exclusives, a lot of backers would just wait until the game hits retail, and then they wouldn't get as much money up front to be able to afford to produce all those extra minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I full agree. I'm all in regardless but i hate to look at a past kaer and see all the exclusives that i will never get.

I won't bother with Conan for that reason. I missed the KSer and now it doesn't seem worth it to buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarimrune wrote:
I missed the KSer and now it doesn't seem worth it to buy.

well Conan is an excellent game.
edit: oh i think i misunderstood what you said
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redben wrote:
I'd say the likelihood they're going to stop with the KSE is pretty slim, for the reasons mentioned earlier. Whilst it's nice to have everything, it's by no means needed.

That's the thing - if you don't know it, you wouldn't miss it.
It's purely a psychological thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What sucks for me is that I am not looking for another miniature skirmish game. I am already invested in one I enjoy, but if I want the Conan content I am forced to back the game. It makes me sad, but it is what it is. Part of me just wants to pledge so I can get the Conan stuff and then sell the game when it arrives. The other part of me doesn't think I should to take the risk being that I cannot seem to sell my copy of The Others for basically cost (which is way under even retail prices).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
You have three weeks to save up some cash. Skip breakfast! Ramen for lunch! No dining out! Darn your socks and look for change under the cushions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarimrune wrote:
I full agree. I'm all in regardless but i hate to look at a past kaer and see all the exclusives that i will never get.

I won't bother with Conan for that reason. I missed the KSer and now it doesn't seem worth it to buy.

Honestly the base game is great already and the expansions are all not exclusive. The exclusives aren't vital.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Wang
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went all in, it's $196 right now, are they going to keep making optional buys. O.o I might back out if it gets too out of hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caibre wrote:
Honestly the base game is great already and the expansions are all not exclusive. The exclusives aren't vital.

I agree that the base game will be great regardless and they can't make the exclusives vital since it would kill the retail version but the issue is if I really wanted say the sphinx or the manticore but there is no way I could afford to buy them now it leaves me with angry/bad feelings towards the game and sours my experience with it. That's why I'm starting to reconsider backing it. Each new exclusive is driving me further away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coiote wrote:
hopefully the PM will be open for more than one month. this way, you have multiple paychecks to afford the exclusives.

Yeah this is the only thing that might make me feel less frustrated. If they leave it open until March or April or at least a few months like they did for Conan it would allow those like myself to not feel so stuck. Hopefully that's something they will announce at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Being that it is more of skirmish game, KS exclusives kill it for me. No one in my group would ever buy it and spread the word of how great (if it turns out to be) the game is. Anyone buying the game at retail would be at a distinct disadvantage to someone who had an army from the Kickstarter. Not a great forward thinking plan beyond the KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bokrug wrote:
You have three weeks to save up some cash. Skip breakfast! Ramen for lunch! No dining out! Darn your socks and look for change under the cushions!

Already in progress. A week ago I put a bunch of games up for sale, also put some things up for sale on Craigslist but haven't got a single bite as of yet. Cutting back on everything I can. I've just had a horrible run of bad luck of late. A car accident, our stove died, our well pump went out and my daughter started college and I couldn't believe her books cost $800. Completely ridiculous!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
ilgoga wrote:
Yeah, totally getting rid of at least one kid to go all in on this... you can always make more kids but these things are KS-exclusives, man!

You sir, just made my night. This is probably the greatest KS quote ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
Being that it is more of skirmish game, KS exclusives kill it for me. No one in my group would ever buy it and spread the word of how great (if it turns out to be) the game is. Anyone buying the game at retail would be at a distinct disadvantage to someone who had an army from the Kickstarter. Not a great forward thinking plan beyond the KS.

I don't think that's true. Exclusives add more variety, but this isn't like Magic: The Gathering where to be competitive you have to own all the rare, expensive items.

I am a big fan of Cthulhu Wars, which also has lots of expansions (and a few exclusives, though not many), but every faction, including the core factions from the base game, remains competitive without any of the extra stuff.

It does not look to me like you will be at a disadvantage in Mythic Battles if you don't have a Manticore for your army. It's just another unit, not necessarily better than any of the other units you could buy for the same cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Gator
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:

Why wouldn't the player who participated in the KS be able to provide the exclusive miniatures for the draft? If this were a "build your army and fight your friends army" game then I could see a problem but not based on the draft system for Mythic Battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They've stated that they're teaming up with FFG to create an "Organized Play" arena for Mythic Battles. Have they stated whether or not KSE items can be used in Organized Play? If so, I can see that causing some issues and complaints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rex is correct. KS exclusives do not truly mater, even in tournaments. This is not a traditional build and bring your army game like 40k or Wild West Exodus. The draft feature makes it so anyone could still get those exclusives in a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:

To play devils advocate: units are purchased through a draft, with the intent that you would play the game through a single set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Crago
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have done that in a couple campaigns before, but usually I felt in those cases it was a lot of nickle and diming things up knowing people like to get everything possible. I'm sure I will in the future as well. So far I am not sure if I can get any of the exclusives, but I sure hope I can at least toss in the Chimera. I don't feel to this point this campaign is one of those as most things have been towards the normal stretch goals. If they start pushing a lot more things like this as the campaign goes I may re-evaluate things, but currently I feel their pacing and value has been fine for the exclusive releases compared to stretches we have earned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.