Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Any news on playmat and storage solution? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart Nijssen
Netherlands
Rosmalen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering:
1. Will the Legendary playmat ever be available again? My board is suffering from too many plays ;-)
2. What about the storage solution that UD seemed to have worked on. Any news on this?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Print your own, on heavier paper and laminate it. I did, haven't used the board for a few years now, takes up way to much space anyway. There are some excellent boards to chose from in the files section.

2. No news, don't get your hopes up. It's hard to make a definitive storage box for something that you wan't to expand upon every year. 500 sleeved cards every year takes up some significant space.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
1. Print your own, on heavier paper and laminate it. I did, haven't used the board for a few years now, takes up way to much space anyway. There are some excellent boards to chose from in the files section.


`So let's assume you mean one of the full size boards, and not an 8½ x 11 board which is far too small for anything playable to be on it.

So for the sake of discussion, an 11 x 17 custom board. Then you laminate it? How is that convenient? How are you supposed to store and transport that efficiently?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No news. I think it's safe to assume that, when there is news about either an official playmat or storage solution, it will be posted in the News forum here.

Frankly, I wouldn't hold your breath. Your best bet is to employ one of many custom playmat printing services that exist on the Internet (in the USA, inkedgaming.com is the dominant one, I believe – no idea about Europe) and print your own using any of the custom playmat graphics files people have uploaded here, either in in the forum here (search for threads with "playmat" in the subject) or in the game's Files tab.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
blipadouzi wrote:
Evil_X wrote:
1. Print your own, on heavier paper and laminate it. I did, haven't used the board for a few years now, takes up way to much space anyway. There are some excellent boards to chose from in the files section.


`So let's assume you mean one of the full size boards, and not an 8½ x 11 board which is far too small for anything playable to be on it.

So for the sake of discussion, an 11 x 17 custom board. Then you laminate it? How is that convenient? How are you supposed to store and transport that efficiently?


I roll it up and store it in a papertube (maybe 10cm in diameter (3 inches)), it's not super convinient to transport but if I bring Legendary I probably aint bringing anything else. I already have the game in three separate boxes...

Edit: I know 10cm don't equal 3 inches, but im not gonna go measure my tube right now. So you'll just have to figure it out.

Edit 2: I lied. I did measure the tube and mat. Tube is 7,8cm (3 inches) inner diameter. Map is 35x81cm (14x32 inches).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Storage solution is waiting for Upper Deck's Science Division to crack wormhole technology.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
runnestrand wrote:
Storage solution is waiting for Upper Deck's Science Division to crack wormhole technology.

I hear the real hold up is anti-gravity.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dont mind me



and my Legendary storage solution
21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My playmat replacement:

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/115544/legendary-marvel-deck...

Compatible with my storage solution:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/271793084/the-nerd-box

</ShamelessSelfPromotion>
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheUbiquitous wrote:
dont mind me



and my Legendary storage solution


Weird that we have similar solutions.

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Nijssen
Netherlands
Rosmalen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sabird wrote:
My playmat replacement:

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/115544/legendary-marvel-deck...

Compatible with my storage solution:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/271793084/the-nerd-box

</ShamelessSelfPromotion>


Wow, this looks awesome!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
runnestrand wrote:
Storage solution is waiting for Upper Deck's Science Division to crack wormhole technology.

I hear the real hold up is anti-gravity.

They're in talks with Bereet to use her Spacial Distorter.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James A.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My personal recommendation: this custom mat by MrWorley - works with Villains as well.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/141229/universal-mat

EDIT 12-28-16: Updated post with new link.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CircX wrote:
My personal recommendation: this custom mat by MrWorley - works with Villains as well.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135133/universal-14x2...

I actually like it except for the split pictures for Mastermind/Commander, Plot/Scheme, and HQ/Lair. I understand why it was done, but to me I want my pictures complete
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My personal recommendation: It looks better. Click the link!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the one I use: Heroes & Villains Combo Playmat 28"x14"



I don't have Villains, so for Schemes or Masterminds who require additional separate piles of cards (Kree-Skrull War, Madelyne Pryor, etc) I just use the spots for Madame Hydra and New Recruits.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shelby thompson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I downloaded the mat listed above (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135133/universal-14x2...) and got it printed out at https://www.bagsoflove.com/ on neoprene for $40. I LOVE IT!!!!

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sgthompsonjr wrote:
I downloaded the mat listed above (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135133/universal-14x2...) and got it printed out at https://www.bagsoflove.com/ on neoprene for $40. I LOVE IT!!!!



Do you have to then cut it out with an Xacto knife? I think you're the first user from the US that I've come across that didn't get theirs printed from inkedgaming.com. They're usually significantly cheaper than $40 and almost always have a 40% off coupon floating around. I think mine was less than $20 shipped.

EDIT: I do really like that mat though, plus the creator has my namesake. I just wish it had an actual KO area.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Nijssen
Netherlands
Rosmalen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CircX wrote:
My personal recommendation: this custom mat by MrWorley - works with Villains as well.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135133/universal-14x2...


Thanks for the recommendation! In the meantime, I've ordered this from Inked Gaming.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.