Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colls
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 12-year-old is an excellent strategy gamer with an interest in the Revolutionary War and Colonial U.S. history. She enjoyed We the People but felt it was too long for her: does anyone have recommendations for a 45-60 minute game with those themes?

She likes Euros so I just got New England but we haven't tried it. She's not into luck, and We the People was our first go at a wargame; it went fine except for the length.

Thanks for any ideas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
1775: Rebellion

Might be a good choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It switches from a strategic/operational scale to a tactical one that simulates battles, but Hold the Line is shorter and easy to grasp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Washington's War is the re-implementation of We the People and is supposed to play faster. BGG lists WtP as 120 minutes and WW at 90 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colls
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, everyone, for the great suggestions! I'm going to pursue 1775: Rebellion since I've played and enjoyed 1812, plus it's in between Hold the Line and Washington's War in weight. But I'm definitely intrigued by the others as well! You may make war gamers of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colls
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick note in case anyone who was so kind as to give me recommendations sees this: I math traded for Hold the Line and while we've only played it once, we really enjoyed it! I'm looking forward to a chance to play it again. (Kids. They're so busy. They never have time to play with their parents.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Hold the Line
+1 1775
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.