Subject: Empty Villains deck = defeat? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christophe Ebro
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be sure as I have not been able to find it in the rules: if the Villains deck is empty and we have not been able to beat the Mastermind 4 times, we loose, correct?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Ebro
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume this is also the same for the Hero deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, if either the hero or villain deck is empty at the end of a turn (and that is not a win condition for the scheme), the game is a draw. You stopped the master mind's scheme, but you did significant damage to the city without capturing him. Neither the heroes nor the villains won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless the Scheme has an "Evil Wins" condition of one of the decks being empty (such as Superhero Civil War), the current player finishes their turn as normal. If that player is not able to fully Defeat the Mastermind, then the game will end in a Draw.

EDIT: ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And just FYI, this rule is on Page 16 of the rulebook:

Running out of Cards in the Hero Deck or Villain Deck

If either of these decks runs out of cards before the Scheme is completed, finish the turn, and then the players have successfully survived the Scheme, but they didn’t catch the Mastermind. As a result, the game is a draw between good and evil. The player with the most Victory Points wins an individual victory. Be sure to get the Mastermind next time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Ebro
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! So we loose :(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kratos38 wrote:
Thanks! So we loose

If you were playing co-operatively, as my group tends to do, then yeah... you basically lost.

The Draw Between Good & Evil condition doesn't stop you from comparing your victory points amongst each other in a competitive game, though, so you'll still have an "individual winner" amongst you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Draw? Sounds like a fancy word for loss. We used to call it second place back in my day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Lawrence
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing solitaire one time and ended up with a draw. It was actually less satisfying than losing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kratos38 wrote:
Thanks! So we loose

If it was a loss, the rules would have said that you lose. A draw is definitely not equal to a loss. By definition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Corley

Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chademe wrote:
I was playing solitaire one time and ended up with a draw. It was actually less satisfying than losing.

This happened to me today, too. I wasn't sure how to interpret the outcome until I found this post. But now I know...

ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
You stopped the master mind's scheme, but you did significant damage to the city without capturing him. Neither the heroes nor the villains won.

I guess that's why we have the SHRA. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know where I got this from, but I always record a "draw" as "fought to a standstill".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.