Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! My copy did arrive today!
Just finished unpunching and unbagging everything (the small resource bags were very fragile and the ziplock part tore apart, but it's moot because of the insert; no other mishaps).

The "Initial/Starting", "Early", "Mid", and "Late" hex tiles fit pretty perfectly into their bins, as well as all of the other tiles/resources.
Just wondering, what's the intent for storage of the Coffee tiles?

For now, I've just rested the coffee tiles on top of the rocket ships, and for that matter I placed the player-pawns and dice with the astronauts. But with a perfect slot for everything else, I'm wondering if I missed something else obvious?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
jozxyqk wrote:
Just finished unpunching and unbagging everything (the small resource bags were very fragile and the ziplock part tore apart, but it's moot because of the insert; no other mishaps).

The "Initial/Starting", "Early", "Mid", and "Late" hex tiles fit pretty perfectly into their bins, as well as all of the other tiles/resources.

For now, I've just rested the coffee tiles on top of the rocket ships, and for that matter I placed the player-pawns and dice with the astronauts. But with a perfect slot for everything else, I'm wondering if I missed something else obvious?

I put my player start tiles on top of the rockets/crystals, and put the coffee tiles in the "initial blueprints" section. Fit perfectly.

I think for the most part the goal was to have slots for everything that will need to be fetched from the "bank" during the game. So there's not a separate slot for player pawns, etc. because you'll get those out at the beginning and not need to touch the supply for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luiz Mendes
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:

Sadly, there isn't a specific place for them. Like you, I put them on the rocket/crystal tray. There are a few things that don't have a specific place, but they all still fit nicely on other slots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh aka "OssianGrr"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jepmn wrote:
I put my player start tiles on top of the rockets/crystals, and put the coffee tiles in the "initial blueprints" section. Fit perfectly.

This probably makes more sense, because it doesn't matter if the starting tiles get a little more banged up around the edges in transit.

Maybe the game dev will pop up and share his intention though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
jozxyqk wrote:
jepmn wrote:

This probably makes more sense, because it doesn't matter if the starting tiles get a little more banged up around the edges in transit.

If you're worried about bangups, I also found that you can fit ALL the tiles in the fancy tray. You just have to put the coffee tiles in the IB section (as mentioned) and spread the start players tiles out amongst all the IB/Early/Mid/Late sections. A little messier but workable if you're worried about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
jepmn wrote:

The intention was actually to let the customer decide whether to put the Starting tiles or Expansion tiles in with the Initial tiles in the first slot. Additional wear on either set won't change anything gameplay-wise. For those that don't plan on using the expansion tiles, they can just put them at the bottom of the rockets/crystals (the largest space). But personally, since you're pulling out the Starting Tiles whenever you play, I just drop those on top of either the Points or the Rockets/Crystals. That's also the reason there's no dedicated slot for the player pawns, either.
But I also kinda like the idea of slipping them in with the other tile spaces... it would be snug, but I did design in a bit of extra space into each slot.
Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
gipyls wrote:
But I also kinda like the idea of slipping them in with the other tile spaces... it would be snug, but I did design in a bit of extra space into each slot.

In my tray, I wouldn't even call it snug. There's still wiggle room back and forth with all those tiles distributed out.

And I tried to enjoy it last night, but the game we played ran long and I didn't get a chance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.