GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,769 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » General

Subject: Should we be worried? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J C
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
TIME Stories has become one of my very favorite games. I can’t remember the last time I’ve had so much fun at the gaming table with my friends, each of us doing our part to work our way through the mission at hand. The designers had us at “Asylum” and we never looked back, having since gone through them all. I’ll gladly shell out the bucks for any newly released expansions…

...except there haven’t been any. In quite a while.

I seem to remember the designers’ plans to release a mission every three months. I get that delays happen all the time and that the planning/playtesting must be thoroughly time consuming...yet by the time Expedition: Endurance is available in 2017, it’ll have been almost a year since the last release. For such a “young” game, this is concerning. What’s more: there don’t seem to be any hints as to a next adventure. I hope the designers aren’t abandoning what is, to me and to many others, an incredible experience....

That would be supremely disappointing. Someone, please comfort my fragile psyche!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jono Naito
United States
Red Hook
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am personally dedicated to making new content for this game for a while. It takes time, but the system is highly pleasing to build for, and people I know are still highly interested.

Even if it suffers, somethine like a Kickstarter with a few missions would easily resurrect it. I think we are not doomed for some time (we do know the next two themes, actually!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Saari
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to the popularity of the game, I think super fans can also count on custom expansions made by fellow fans. Several have been made available on BGG. I can't get my TIME Stories crew together as often as I'd like, so I still have two expansions to play, but I also have a few custom-made stories printed in hopes of one day getting to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the files section, you can download some fan-made scenarios from there.

I spoke with a Space Cowboys member at Essen, he told me that Expedition: Endurance will release in Q1 2017, then, sometime in 2017, we can expect a Templars and an "adult" scenarios. If resources permit there may be a fourth in the year; I'd be happy to see just the three if they could be guaranteed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fba827 fba827
United States
Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I personally am not worried... why? cause it's (likely) making money (I base this not off known numbers but rather simply because of its popularity and notice that it got as well as the fact that they went through a print run and on to the next while there is still demand for the product). As cynical as it sounds, at the end of the day, that's the biggest determining factor.

so yes, endurance is slow getting out, hopefully for the betterment of its editing or production.

and beyond that, it wouldn't be very smart to start the promotional train for further out when the next one is being noted for being delayed so long...so not talking about the next one a lot is kind of expected (though I believe we already got a hint that it was going to be about templars or something like that)

anyway, that's just my opinion on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd certainly rather see them take their time and release a quality product than rush a bunch of half-baked expansions out into the market. I know there has been some speculation that Under the Mask was rushed out the door when it probably could've used another pass. Anyway, I'll be happy to wait for Expedition: Endurance if it ends up being great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw "Lumen Fidei" for the first time this morning, which might come out in February 2017?!

fantasywelt.de wrote:
Enter Medieval Spain and infiltrate a diplomatic mission... in order to steal a precious item for the
agency.
The Time Stories series continues with this brand new scenario, lavishly illustrated as usual!
A drastic change in the game: pressure on the players is not only about time, it involves moral choices, a powerful opponent and new mechanisms.
Discover lots of new information on the Time Stories universe... still, the scenario is perfectly beginners-friendly.
A historical scenario in an intriguing and fascinating setting, fully detailed and referenced.

There is also a cover picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know if this one is from a fan made scenario or brand new?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brand new, it's listed for pre-order in the UK on the Monkeys with Fire website (no endorsement, it was the first one listed in a Google search).
blurb on the website wrote:
T.I.M.E Stories: Lumen Fidei is the sixth T.I.M.E Stories scenario - enter Medieval Spain and infiltrate a diplomatic mission in order to steal a precious item for the Agency!

The TIME Stories series continues with this brand new scenario, lavishly illustrated as usual. Features a drastic change in the game: pressure on the players is not only about time, it involves moral choices, a powerful opponent and new mechanisms.

Discover lots of new information on the TIME Stories universe, within a historical scenario within an intriguing and facinating setting, fully detailed and referenced.
Given that Expedition: Endurance is due for release in January, this one is optimistically listed for release in February 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natascha Helbling
Switzerland
Winterthur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not even done playing the first scenario, but I'm so glad that it seems like there will be a lot of expansions, because my game group already fell in love with the game and I love atmospheric story-driven games too. And I need to check out the custom fan-made scenarios!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hainz
Germany
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Stephen, if I knew you were in Essen, we could have met there!

I spoke at the Spiel 16 with Francois and scried at - I suppose I can talk about it now since it was already mentioned above - "Lumen Fidae" which is supposed to take place somewhere in Spain...
Furthermore, I was told that there would be different approaches to take care of upcoming scenarios including official ones as well as inofficial ones...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
LeGon wrote:

I spoke at the Spiel 16 with Francois and scried at - I suppose I can talk about it now since it was already mentioned above - "Lumen Fidae" which is supposed to take place somewhere in Spain...
Furthermore, I was told that there would be different approaches to take care of upcoming scenarios including official ones as well as inofficial ones...

I am happy to hear this. I would be very impressed if the designers "surprised" us with a few new expansions in 2017. I only wish that they were a bit more open about what's going on with the future of the game. Given their relative silence, I had been questioning their continued support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeGon wrote:
That would have been good, but until two days to go before the event nothing had been booked, so I didn't even arrange to meet with a long time gaming buddy.

Thanks though to a very supportive, non-gamer wife organising the trip, I had a very enjoyable time (as did she to her surprise) and we could be going again next year, perhaps then...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Poulpe
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
No need to worry!

Expedition: Endurance has been delayed a number of times for various reasons (translation, corrections, etc.). Hence, the gap between Under the Mask and the final release. Sorry about that.

We plan to release three scenarios next year (not including Expedition), the first one being Lumen Fidei. As usual, I can't give you any info on the actual contents of the scenario.

Besides, we have received many propositions and we have a lot of scenarios to consider now so we're not worried ourselves. At least for the next three or four years...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Poulpe wrote:
No need to worry!

Expedition: Endurance has been delayed a number of times for various reasons (translation, corrections, etc.). Hence, the gap between Under the Mask and the final release. Sorry about that.

We plan to release three scenarios next year (not including Expedition), the first one being Lumen Fidei. As usual, I can't give you any info on the actual contents of the scenario.

Besides, we have received many propositions and we have a lot of scenarios to consider now so we're not worried ourselves. At least for the next three or four years...

Glad to hear this!

Are you sure you can't give us a smidgeon of insight as to Lumen Fidei? We are your #1 raving fans and would be awesome to even just know the theme.

Pretty please?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
Mr Poulpe wrote:
No need to worry!

Glad to hear this!

Are you sure you can't give us a smidgeon of insight as to Lumen Fidei? We are your #1 raving fans and would be awesome to even just know the theme.

Pretty please?!

So as #1 fans, we are excited to start all those scenarios without knowing anything, aren't we?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seqcon wrote:
isellsunshine wrote:
Mr Poulpe wrote:
No need to worry!

Glad to hear this!

Pretty please?!

So as #1 fans, we are excited to start all those scenarios without knowing anything, aren't we?

We must have more info! It's the only way to be sure we will want to buy a scenario! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
seqcon wrote:
isellsunshine wrote:
Mr Poulpe wrote:
No need to worry!

Glad to hear this!

Pretty please?!

We must have more info! It's the only way to be sure we will want to buy a scenario! whistle
You need info? I'm just waiting here with cash at the ready...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scooperman wrote:
isellsunshine wrote:
seqcon wrote:
isellsunshine wrote:
Mr Poulpe wrote:
No need to worry!

Glad to hear this!

Pretty please?!

You need info? I'm just waiting here with cash at the ready...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Shhh! So am I, but we don't want them to know that. Better for them to think they need to release some info on the new expansion to keep our interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Poulpe wrote:
No need to worry!

No need to worry? How about the fact that you can't buy any of the expansions as everywhere has been sold out for over a month with no information on when they'll be back? Other games can get away with it as you can still play the game. Not with this, it just sits there as a large paperweight. I want to play it, I want to give you my money, but nope. It's really, really poor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
No need to worry? How about the fact that you can't buy any of the expansions as everywhere has been sold out for over a month with no information on when they'll be back? Other games can get away with it as you can still play the game. Not with this, it just sits there as a large paperweight. I want to play it, I want to give you my money, but nope. It's really, really poor.
I'd rather the game and expansions sold out due to demand than sit plentiful on stores' shelves, unwanted and unloved, and giving Space Cowboys no incentive to release any more material.

At least this way they have a hit on their hands and are much more likely to continue their support, all we need now is for the supply chain to work faster but that's not always in a company's control. You might consider getting your pre-orders in too, I placed a standing order with my local store for any expansions as soon as I'd played Asylum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Freeman
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I'd done the same as now I'm missing Under The Mask, which is really frustrating!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scooperman wrote:
I'd rather the game and expansions sold out due to demand than sit plentiful on stores' shelves, unwanted and unloved, and giving Space Cowboys no incentive to release any more material.

At least this way they have a hit on their hands and are much more likely to continue their support, all we need now is for the supply chain to work faster but that's not always in a company's control. You might consider getting your pre-orders in too, I placed a standing order with my local store for any expansions as soon as I'd played Asylum.

Why would they sit plentiful on store shelves? Do they have that little confidence in that product? If it was new then you could understand but it's been out a while now.

I've never gone to purchase something and when not available thought "that's great, good for them". The board game business gets a lot of slack that would not be deemed acceptable in almost any other entertainment area. Makes it a prime target for leeches to buy just to sell for 300% profit too.

I'm a reasonable man, I'm not stamping my feet about it or anything but if something is rubbish then all I can say is it's rubbish. And as much as I enjoy playing board games, I find everything involved prior to getting the box in your hand to be truly, truly awful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
Why would they sit plentiful on store shelves? Do they have that little confidence in that product? If it was new then you could understand but it's been out a while now.

I've never gone to purchase something and when not available thought "that's great, good for them". The board game business gets a lot of slack that would not be deemed acceptable in almost any other entertainment area. Makes it a prime target for leeches to buy just to sell for 300% profit too.

I'm a reasonable man, I'm not stamping my feet about it or anything but if something is rubbish then all I can say is it's rubbish. And as much as I enjoy playing board games, I find everything involved prior to getting the box in your hand to be truly, truly awful.
If sales forecasting was a science I might agree, but it isn't, and selling out is much better for a business than having a pile of cash locking stock sitting around. Just count your blessings if you find this situation is as awful as you suggest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Poulpe
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Hello,

We know many players are waiting for the previous scenarios. We are conscious it can be frustrating not to be able to play a game you appreciate because of a lack of availability of this game in stores. We really apologize for that.

The game has a great success in many countries and we are confident in the future of the range. So, be sure we work hard on T.I.M.E Stories. The previous expansions are currently "in reprint" (the first one to arrive should be The Marcy Case ; Under the Mask should be available early 2017) and we are working on the next 3 scenarios at the same time. This is a big work and we do our best to improve our process.

We hope you'll appreciate your next adventures!

Have a nice week-end !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.