Epic Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about "Zealous Necromancer" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jochen XXX
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello to all,
I have a question regarding the card "Zealous Necromancer".
(Card text: When another non-zombie champion is broken If this card is still in play, put a zombie token into play)
Player 1 has a Zealous Necromancer in play.
A champion from player 2 is broken (due to combat for example), then a zombie token comes into play under control of player 2.
Am I right with that ?

Regards
Jochen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. B.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I interpret that as Player 1 gaining a Zombie Token having the control of the Zealous Necromancer. That's the way I have played it in the past. I just checked the official card clarification sheets as well for support, however, that card isn't listed unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Newton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
promotordj wrote:
I interpret that as Player 1 gaining a Zombie Token having the control of the Zealous Necromancer. That's the way I have played it in the past. I just checked the official card clarification sheets as well for support, however, that card isn't listed unfortunately.

You are right. If a card does not specify, you put champions in play under your control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen XXX
msg tools
mbmbmb
I was looking at the card, and saw the zombie horde following the necromancer so my first thought was that he controls the undead. But it is just the picture.
On the card "Murderous Necromancer" the text says: "Break target champion, then put a zombie token into play under your control" but "under your contol" is missing on the Zealous Necromancer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
On the card "Murderous Necromancer" the text says: "Break target champion, then put a zombie token into play under your control" but "under your contol" is missing on the Zealous Necromancer.

My gaming partner have been playing it his way. Nowhere in the text does it say you gain the zombie so we figured the card was meant to benefit people playing a Zerg or heavy creature deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools

The player that controls the Zealous Necromancer will get the zombie token.

Ian Taylor
Director of Organized Play
White Wizard Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen XXX
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for clarification !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Ian said

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Quarles
United States
Saint Petersburg
Select
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If player 1 has a zealous necromancer in play, and player 2 plays Stand Alone "Starting with you, each player chooses a champion they control. Break all other champions." does the Zealous Necromancer's ability go into effect if he is not the champion chosen to remain in play? My thought is that his ability will trigger as all the breaking happens at once, but thematically it wouldn't make sense for him to raise dead when he is, himself, worm food.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.