Subject: solo play and insanity condition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Garvey
United States
Williamsville
New York
flag msg tools
Well, tried the easiest scenario and one of my guys went bonkers.

My question is now he has a new victory condition, at odds with the 'regular' victory condition.

Do I have 2 new ways to win, does not seem fair?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Pitts
United States
Aloha
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you notice that the insanity conditions are marked for how many players are in the game? Make sure that you didn't apply an effect that is meant for more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cphpitts wrote:
Did you notice that the insanity conditions are marked for how many players are in the game? Make sure that you didn't apply an effect that is meant for more players.
Whuut. I totally missed that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Pitts
United States
Aloha
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the back of the card. You still draw a random card, but if the condition you drew is meant for more players, discard it and draw again until you find an appropriate one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Verheyen
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mist that too, glad to read this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kitching
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garvoid wrote:
Well, tried the easiest scenario and one of my guys went bonkers.

My question is now he has a new victory condition, at odds with the 'regular' victory condition.

The player count on insanity cards has been pointed out but to answer your question:

garvoid wrote:
Do I have 2 new ways to win, does not seem fair?

No, you have a new way to lose. goo

Playing solo, you only win if all your characters win, which means that you have to beat all the insanity victory conditions and the regular victory conditions.

(Unless all your characters are insane and none of those insanities require the regular victory conditions.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.