Popular Tags: [View All]
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see any way that this is allowed in the rules, but it would make a huge difference in scenario 1 and it at least makes some logical sense (if not rules sense)...

Am I correct that you cannot "throw" an Explosive Orb through a tent-flap/door you are adjacent to? Same question with the lightning spell. (Logically, this would be easy to do, but I don't see how vis-a-vis the rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
I don't see any way that this is allowed in the rules, but it would make a huge difference in scenario 1 and it at least makes some logical sense (if not rules sense)...

Am I correct that you cannot "throw" an Explosive Orb through a tent-flap/door you are adjacent to? Same question with the lightning spell. (Logically, this would be easy to do, but I don't see how vis-a-vis the rules).

See thread 1653083 for all the gory details.

Summary: hut flaps block all LOS (spells, orbs, and, depending on your carrier, possibly also mobile phone signals).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't you use them through an opening created by Conan's "Wall Wrecker" ability?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember, LoS is determined by the little "target" symbols in each area. So even if you smashed a hole in a wall with Conan, it will probably still block LoS.

This is a fun smash up game with some tactical decisions, but like all games there is some abstraction. The rules of line of sight are pretty basic..if you can't make an unobstructed view line from target to target icon, you can't shoot into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soooo placing the smashed wall token is therefore a tactical choice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
Couldn't you use them through an opening created by Conan's "Wall Wrecker" ability?

Yes, if it's in the right place. Not sure if it's correctly implemented (he does say that it's his first game and he probably will get some rules wrong) but this is done with the throwing knives in this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pROrONgcSBE&t=2s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
You can use the opening but you may only break the wooden walls

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.