Subject: Questions concerning Card Abilities and Timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcel S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

we played our first game of Rise of the Kage today (with the revised rules) and some questions came up during the gameplay.

1st: I played the Ninjas and during my turn, the guard player played a card (and spending a noise token for that), which negated my stealth modifier, when I wanted to make a stealth search action, before my dice roll.
However, I hadn't decided yet, how many dice I wanted to roll.
Can I decide, how many dice I want to roll after being interrupted by the guard player, or do I have to make that decision right after I announce to make that search test?
It's more of a timing question and we were very unsure, if there is a rule for that. The guard player was convinced, that I cannot decide to take an additional die, after he played that card on me,
because that would give me an advantage of choosing after something bad happened to me; I couldn't find anything that would prohibit me to do so.
Who's right?

2nd: The guard player can play cards as an action during his turn.
When that card gives him a free action like a move action or a force test for his guards against a Ninja, do these actions count towards the action limit of the guards, and he simply doesn't have to use an action token for it?
Or is it a completely free action, which doesn't use an action token and does not count towards the action limit for his guards?
We came to the consensus, that because the guard player can also play cards on the Ninja player's turn (if spending a noise token), that it would be the latter; is this right?

I hope, my questions are comprehensible enough; it's a bit late here.laugh

Thank you in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bushido GCT Studios
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
1. I would side with the guard player. Once the number of dice have been declared and cards played the number of dice cannot be changed.

2. Completely free and operates outside of the guard limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.