$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Agent Decker» Forums » Rules

Subject: Keep cards interacting with mission/goals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ashish Nair
msg tools
I was wondering whether keep cards, like the Keycard for example, can be used to interact with the goals,like the CCTV Room Door (12 stealth!). I was struggling to get 12 stealth from a four card hand, so was wondering whether that was allowed.

Great game btw Manuel. Definitely looking forward to more plays + what's different in the upcoming iterations of the game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woden Ducky
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well given the general ideals of deck builders, I have been assuming yes. I have yet to see something in a deckbuilder that shows you wouldn't use it, unless it specifically stated not to do so.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashish Nair
msg tools
Alright, I'll go with that then. Thank you!

EDIT: I think I know why I got confused, I misread the rules - every time you complete a mission, you need to "Add the next Mission Obstacles cards to the discard."

Meaning, for example, if I finished Mission A, all of the orange 'B' cards need to be added and shuffled into the Obstacles deck, not just one of them. Thus the next card on the mission deck should be Mission 2.

At least that's what makes sense from my interpretation of that excerpt of the rules.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right! When you complete a mission you get a reward, a goal for the next mission and the following cards in the mission deck all the way until the next mission goal are shuffled into the deck.

Have fun!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashish Nair
msg tools
Thanks for clarifying!

I just finished the game through i.e. finished Mission 5. What a blast! It was really tense at the end, especially when Hawk came up, it completely destroyed the chance for an early win haha.

Another few quick things to clarify - the EMP card, once used gives you a stealth on top of interacting with a electronic, right? Also do you allow for counting the number of cards in your deck or discard whenever you want?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zhalfrin wrote:
Another few quick things to clarify - the EMP card, once used gives you a stealth on top of interacting with a electronic, right?


Item cards such as EMP don't add to any of the currencies, you can discard them you to bypass the cost of cards.

Zhalfrin wrote:
Also do you allow for counting the number of cards in your deck or discard whenever you want?


Yes, you can count them anytime you want - just be careful not to reveal any of the cards in the deck!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Byrd
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zhalfrin wrote:

Great game btw Manuel. Definitely looking forward to more plays + what's different in the upcoming iterations of the game.


I echo this and would love to know the differences and timing of the upcoming release.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ryan_c_byrd wrote:
Zhalfrin wrote:

Great game btw Manuel. Definitely looking forward to more plays + what's different in the upcoming iterations of the game.


I echo this and would love to know the differences and timing of the upcoming release.


Thank you!

I don't have an exact date, but for now all my free time is going into Superhot, which started based on Agent Decker's mechanics but evolved in another direction. It's still a mission-based deckbuilding game but it's a lot faster.

Agent Decker comes next.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashish Nair
msg tools
gr9yfox wrote:
Zhalfrin wrote:
Another few quick things to clarify - the EMP card, once used gives you a stealth on top of interacting with a electronic, right?


Item cards such as EMP don't add to any of the currencies, you can discard them you to bypass the cost of cards.


Oh, then what is the 1 Stealth on the top of the EMP card there for?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zhalfrin wrote:
gr9yfox wrote:
Zhalfrin wrote:
Another few quick things to clarify - the EMP card, once used gives you a stealth on top of interacting with a electronic, right?


Item cards such as EMP don't add to any of the currencies, you can discard them you to bypass the cost of cards.


Oh, then what is the 1 Stealth on the top of the EMP card there for?


Oh no! Well spotted. It only seems to be there on the full art version of the game.

File updated on itch.io.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashish Nair
msg tools
While we're on the topic of cards with Stealth/Attack on their top, is:

1. The Follow card (Guard Dog) meant to have the 1 stealth on top? I assume you can only use it either for its stealth or to draw a card (i.e. works the same as the Throw a Rock card (Yard Door)?

2. The pink Burn card (Flammable Barrel) has the same function as the purple Burn card (Clumsy Guard) but the purple has a 3 Attack symbol on the top left. Is that an error too, or is it also used like the Throw a Rock card (i.e. choice between 3 Attack or the written function)?

Thanks for your time and clarification.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zhalfrin wrote:
1. The Follow card (Guard Dog) meant to have the 1 stealth on top? I assume you can only use it either for its stealth or to draw a card (i.e. works the same as the Throw a Rock card (Yard Door)?


You can use both, actually! Get 1 Stealth and draw a card.

Zhalfrin wrote:
2. The pink Burn card (Flammable Barrel) has the same function as the purple Burn card (Clumsy Guard) but the purple has a 3 Attack symbol on the top left. Is that an error too, or is it also used like the Throw a Rock card (i.e. choice between 3 Attack or the written function)?


Oh my, you're right again! And the first to notice this since the game was posted over a year ago. The top part of the Clumsy Guard is only meant to provide 3 Fighting.

The file has been updated. Thank you for spotting these!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashish Nair
msg tools
I'm surprised that I'm the first, but no problem, glad I can help! These changes have invalidated my win though haha, oh well. Next time!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zhalfrin wrote:
I'm surprised that I'm the first, but no problem, glad I can help! These changes have invalidated my win though haha, oh well. Next time!


Oops, sorry!

It's a good reason to play through it again in the future, though.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
msg tools
Are Mission cards 3 & 4 supposed to have KEEP on them?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They're rules changes so they're not even "inside" the game.

The main reason they don't say "Keep" is balance, this way they're not counted as part of abilities which use the number of "Keep" cards you have.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, I don't understand...

The only card that refers to "Keep" cards is the one that draws cards - but that already limits to 3 cards max (Mission 1 & 2 and the Guard Uniform).

So why even bother?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
Hm, I don't understand...

The only card that refers to "Keep" cards is the one that draws cards - but that already limits to 3 cards max (Mission 1 & 2 and the Guard Uniform).

So why even bother?


See previous answer:

gr9yfox wrote:
The main reason they don't say "Keep" is balance, this way they're not counted as part of abilities which use the number of "Keep" cards you have.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.