$30.00
Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Starter deck lists rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Strategy [+] [View All]
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
New Starter Deck Lists and strategy guide from FFG:
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/15/ed...
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are these the same as or different to the starter decks listed in the learn to play rules?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
These do look to be the same lists, though arranged in a different way (divided into groups by card type within each investigator's deck).

The biggest addition is "Each of the provided decks is accompanied by tips and tricks for playing that deck, explaining how to make the best use of an
investigator’s ability, or demonstrating card synergy within the deck."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah.

I've now had a chance to look at this PDF and compare one of the lists (Wendy's) and that one is the same, so I'm going to assume the rest are too.

And, as you said, the main difference, alongside the presentation, is the strategy tips.

Might have to see about getting a nice print of it done.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Whitford
msg tools
mbmbmb
While these are the same as the ones in the rules reference, I find this line interesting:

Quote:
This document contains sample starter decks for each released investigator for Arkham Horror: The Card Game.


That indicates that they'll keep updating it with new decks (and presumably some strategy) every time they release new investigators. It seems like a good move for those who really don't like deckbuilding.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Swiftfooted wrote:
While these are the same as the ones in the rules reference, I find this line interesting:

Quote:
This document contains sample starter decks for each released investigator for Arkham Horror: The Card Game.


That indicates that they'll keep updating it with new decks (and presumably some strategy) every time they release new investigators. It seems like a good move for those who really don't like deckbuilding.

It would be pretty damn awesome if they do.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Swiftfooted wrote:
While these are the same as the ones in the rules reference, I find this line interesting:

Quote:
This document contains sample starter decks for each released investigator for Arkham Horror: The Card Game.


That indicates that they'll keep updating it with new decks (and presumably some strategy) every time they release new investigators. It seems like a good move for those who really don't like deckbuilding.

It would be pretty damn awesome if they do.

Well it does say Version 1 November '16 on the cover.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Noooooo

to build all 5 at once id need 3 cores...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
scourn1 wrote:
Noooooo

to build all 5 at once id need 3 cores...

The game only plays 1-4 players. Why would you need a 5th deck?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So all options are available and I don't have to swap stuff around.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scourn1 wrote:
Noooooo

to build all 5 at once id need 3 cores...

This ain't my first LCG. I'm used to buying 3 cores.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Same, that's why when I was the decks I was a little disappointed it would take 3. BUT there is enough with 2 to completely make all 5 just fine with card additions in place of say knife.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zap Riecken
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
The game only plays 1-4 players. Why would you need a 5th deck?


I see the box says 1-2 players and the website says 1-4 but is there really a reason it is limited to 4? Seems like it scales to 4 really well and potentially it would work well with five players.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth noting that they've produced the document using the scale of "standard box size fit". When you print it out, it won't fit into the Arkham box. You need to print it at approx 80% scale.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.