12 Posts

Dixit Odyssey» Forums » General

Subject: Dixit Odyssey rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Walsh
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I'm interested in buying Dixit Odyssey but I see that there are Asmodee and Libellud editions. The Libellud edition that's available from Amazon UK at the moment says that it's for 3-6 players on the photo of the box but the site itself says 3-12 players.

Does anyone have the edition with the 3-6 players on the box and does that box in fact include all the components needed for 12 players?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeetSC2 wrote:
Does anyone have the edition with the 3-6 players on the box and does that box in fact include all the components needed for 12 players?

Thanks!

If I remember correctly the base game is for 3-6 and the stand alone Odyssey is for 3-12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be the expansion?

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/138547/dixit-odyssey...

Quote:
Dixit Odyssey contains 84 cards for use in any of the Dixit standalone games. These cards – with artwork drawn by Pierô and colored by Marie Cardouat, artist of Dixit and Dixit 2 (a.k.a. Dixit Quest) – were originally included in the Dixit Odyssey standalone game released in 2011, but have since been repackaged as an expansion item that consists solely of cards and no other components.

instead of

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/92828/dixit-odyssey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Walsh
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xahendir wrote:
DeetSC2 wrote:

Thanks!

If I remember correctly the base game is for 3-6 and the stand alone Odyssey is for 3-12.

That's what I thought, too, but on Amazon there are 2 versions with this one showing 3-6 players on the box
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Games/Libellud-Dixit-Odyssey-Card...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
DeetSC2 wrote:
Xahendir wrote:
DeetSC2 wrote:

Thanks!

That's what I thought, too, but on Amazon there are 2 versions with this one showing 3-6 players on the box
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Games/Libellud-Dixit-Odyssey-Card...

If you're worried why not go for this one where the box says 12 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Libellud-ASMDIX03ML1-Dixit-Odyssey-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Walsh
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping to get it for the weekend, unfortunately. The version I'm unsure about guarantees delivery tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruton
United Kingdom
Bordon
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
I used to fund my games purchases by juggling!
mbmbmbmbmb
Libellud are an Asmodee distributed studio, hence the overlap. The expansion is cards only, whereas the core game (square box, balloon on front) has the scoring pieces and track. Have never played it beyond 6 players, so cannot tell you how it expands up to 12 players. You should be safe with the core game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Woo
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The 12-player expansion is worth the money because of the score track, the score boards and stuff. I really enjoy it with around 8 people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Walsh
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolle_Petterson wrote:
The 12-player expansion is worth the money because of the score track, the score boards and stuff. I really enjoy it with around 8 people.

Great, thank you all. Hoping it'll be the perfect opener on Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Johnson
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a Libellud version which clearly states that it's for up to 12 players. The box illustration is otherwise the same as the one that your link leads to. Interestingly, the Amazon description lists the necessary components for 12 players and describes it as being for that many.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to Dixit Odyssey: General.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Walsh
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Moved from General Gaming to Dixit Odyssey: General.

Ah thanks, sorry didn't realise.

By the way, as an update this was delivered today and it's the normal 12 player version. Possibly the photo on Amazon is a mock-up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.