$5.00
$30.00
$20.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Keyflower» Forums » Variants

Subject: Retrofitting the hard pass from Key to the city into Keyflower anyone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
White Rabbit
Canada
Qc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi fellow BGGers,

I saw Rahdo's review of Key to the city and was wondering if someone who experienced both games did come up with a balanced variant for Keyflower to replicate the hard pass In Key to the City?

EDITED FOR CLARITY PURPOSES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenz Poh
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
imthewhiterabbit wrote:
Hi fellow BGGers,

I saw Rahdo's review of Key to the city and was wondering if someone who experienced both games did come up with a balanced variant for Keyflower to replicate the hard pass In Key to the City?

EDITED FOR CLARITY PURPOSES

To further clarify, I believe White Rabbit is referring to the "Set sail" action in 'Key to the city - London', where the players who chose to pass completely, forfeiting chances to continue placing workers, but instead gets first dips on other stuffs.

I second this, and hope Richard can chim in! This would be a wonderful mechanism to add to keyflower
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. I would love to see this because this turn order mechanism is I think the best part of Key to the City – London.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenz Poh
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well for a simple hassle free start, for each season I'm gonna randomly put out an extra # of tiles that is one fewer than the number of players. Ie: 4 player game, 3 extra tiles.

The first player who 'hard passes' gets to pick one of these tiles and take it for free. Second player gets 2nd pick and so on.. For the last player to pass, no tiles

This might actually help the game to move along quicker.. and exposes more tiles into the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LorenZo Mos
Italy
Trieste
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
weijie_88 wrote:
This would be a wonderful mechanism to add to keyflower

Sailing is a very interesting mechanism to implement in Keyflower:
Once a player has set sail they may take no further actions in the current
era. To set sail the player sails their river barge to the right(downstream) onto one of the available berths on the next river tile.
The choice of berths (1) which player will be the start player
in the following era, (2) how many keyples they will receive in the next era, (3) which player will receive the river tile from the era just finished and, at the end of the game, how many victory points they will receive for their river barge.

Ok, the idea is to replicate these stages in keyflower as well as possible.
Now, we need some ship-meeple of the right color for each player, and...
I think there are no problems for (1) and (2)...
(1) the first player to sailing receives the purple first player meeple.
(2) the second player to sailing chooses the ship he prefers among those available. Then the first player chooses his ship, followed by the other players, in theirs sailing order.

But in Keyflower (3) is not an action covered by components and mechanism. So we need to find a Bonus for the last player who performs the action of sailing.

Any idea??

sorry for my English
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.