Subject: Allies and Locations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chillbo Camron

New York
msg tools
designer
publisher
I'm sure there's an answer here at BGG but it's not contained in the Rulebook. (or, is it?)

What is the significance of the Location printed on some Ally Cards?
In short, the Sea Captain was kidnapped by the Mob. I rescued him and saw his card had a Location, PLUS, he had a small round token. OK.......

And what's with all the small, round tokens included? When are they used?

BTW: I do appreciate this game, highly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some allies move along with the heroes while some others stay at their specific location no matter where you travel (I guess you contact them by phone or telegram to use their skills when they aren't traveling with you). There are events and evil organization's skills that have effects on terrains, locations and/or cities, and may cause you to discard an ally or force them to make loyalty tests if they are stationed or moved through those places.

Those additional markers can be used to represent your allies if needed, while the extra tokens not covered by the rules can be used for custom campaigns, scenarios and house rules. All the games by Flying Frog Productions include more tokens and markers than the game requires so you can expand or modify the game on your own. You can even find official extra content for most of their games on their website, as well as fanmade characters and scenarios here on the BGG forums (on the "variants" section).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out "immobile" on p30 of the rulebook.

While Fortune and Glory is a fun game the rules are quite hard to use. Have a look at the fan made Complete Rulebook (on the files page).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chillbo Camron

New York
msg tools
designer
publisher
Mattias wrote:

While Fortune and Glory is a fun game the rules are quite hard to use. Have a look at the fan made Complete Rulebook (on the files page).

I have and I'm reading it now! VERY well done!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chillbogames wrote:
Mattias wrote:

I have and I'm reading it now! VERY well done!!!

If you have any suggestions for further improvements I'd be very interested.

Be sure to check out the two page rules summary also (it is a separate download).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chillbo Camron

New York
msg tools
designer
publisher
I'll be sure to download that - you've gone through a lot of work to compile this revised rulebook - a HUGE help for others like myself to understand this game 'clearer'.

Believe it or not, I do have a question regarding Jaques' 'new' ability called, Greed.

So Jacques can now have an Ally, yes? (Not Sidekick)
But, can anyone else on the same team with him have a Sidekick Ally?

Again, KUDOS to you and YOUR team!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chillbogames wrote:
So Jacques can now have an Ally, yes? (Not Sidekick)
But, can anyone else on the same team with him have a Sidekick Ally?

Yes and yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chillbo Camron

New York
msg tools
designer
publisher
And, Mattias, one final question as I know you're not my personal Rules Ally for FANG

During a Cliffhanger, you state that you MAY roll for movement to gain an Event card, possibly, of course.
Is this voluntary, now?

I always thought you HAD to roll for movement for that particular reason - even during a Cliffhanger.

Hopefully no more questions! (Yeah right!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stand by "may" as in you may choose not to, but I would have to double check against the original rules if you feel it is important.

The Complete Rulebook should play like the official rules in all but a very few edge cases (which are noted).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chillbo Camron

New York
msg tools
designer
publisher
Mattias wrote:
I stand by "may" as in you may choose not to, but I would have to double check against the original rules if you feel it is important.

The Complete Rulebook should play like the official rules in all but a very few edge cases (which are noted).

Yes, I have checked the rules and they do state that you must roll for movement either way; a) if you decide that you do not want to move and b)remaining at your location because of a Cliffhanger.

So, my group will probably keep that to a MUST roll.
Your rules rewrite is fantastic - between layout, words, order of appearance - very enjoyable!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The white box on p15 of the original rules has a "may" for rolling for movement during a cliffhanger. I will stick to may for the Complete rules, but I don't think it is very important whether you may or must in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chillbo Camron

New York
msg tools
designer
publisher
Mattias wrote:
The white box on p15 of the original rules has a "may" for rolling for movement during a cliffhanger. I will stick to may for the Complete rules, but I don't think it is very important whether you may or must in this case.

My goodness, you're right!
OK, a change to our gameplay is coming!

Thanks for pointing that out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In all cases:
Rolling for Initiative = Must.
Rolling for Movement = May.
In both cases taking an Event card on the roll of 1 is optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chillbogames wrote:
Mattias wrote:

My goodness, you're right!
OK, a change to our gameplay is coming!

Thanks for pointing that out!

On the other hand, why wouldn't you want a 1 in 6 chance of getting another event card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.