Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Huckleberry Carignan
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In Mission 1 (Mistakes Were Made) we are given some Schematic cards. In Mission 2 (School Under Siege) we got some more Schematic cards. Should we use Schematics from Mission 1 in Mission 2? Should we put the Schematic Cards away back into Mission 1?

Cheers,
Huckleberry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
huckleberryfinn wrote:
In Mission 1 (Mistakes Were Made) we are given some Schematic cards. In Mission 2 (School Under Siege) we got some more Schematic cards. Should we use Schematics from Mission 1 in Mission 2? Should we put the Schematic Cards away back into Mission 1?

Cheers,
Huckleberry

As you unlock more and more schematics they stay unlocked. You get to have 2 schematic cards during a mission so as you unlock more and more you get a wider variety to choose.

Also with the damage cards you keep them shuffled into the deck as you unlock them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huckleberry Carignan
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wait, so when it is possible to have to Schematic cards in possession?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
huckleberryfinn wrote:
Wait, so when it is possible to have to Schematic cards in possession?

You can have 2 schematic cards starting with mission 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mission 3 introduces the restriction to choosing which Schematics to bring along as that is the first case where there is a limitation. If you were meant to remove the existing Schematics from play when you get new ones, the rules would be quite clear on that.

Alternatively, just look in the main manual:
MvM rules: Schematic Cards wrote:
Schematic Cards are powerful Yordle-
specific abilities that require
Team Gears to activate. At the start
of each Mission, each player
chooses up to two Schematics to
bring to the Mission. The player can
choose any Schematic unlocked so
far, but only Schematics associated
with the Yordle they are playing as.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be noted that the schematics will "reset" after each mission and be placed face down at the start. Then they will flip up each mission as you advance the gear tracker to the corresponding number on the schematic card.

Maybe an obvious point, but just wanted to make sure it was noted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugefoot 00
Romania
flag msg tools
What about if I play the first 3 missions for example, and then I decide to replay mission 2. Can I use the schematic cards I unlocked in mission 3 or must I take them out of the pack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That actually depends on your own preference. You can take the Mission 3 Damage and Schematic cards out (they're marked with a lock and a '3' for this purpose), or you can keep them in. That's the official perspective on the matter (source, containing a spoiler about what happens after beating all missions once).

Personally, I would probably reset the game to its original 'Mission 2 state' in your situation, but that also depends a bit on who I'm playing with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.