Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jackson
United States
Versailles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a PSA for anyone (like myself) that passed on sleeves during the pledge manager and decided later that they wanted them - they are listed on Megacon's store page now.

Picked up the item sleeves for everything myself, though the Hero sleeves are up too (I got those in the Pledge Manager).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kelsch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David, can we expect new tuckboxes to hold the 53 card decks and all the new heroes and darkness? I hope you are up for it!

I am going to literally sleeve and pack my stuff tonight and I live and die by your tuckboxes! (same with the play mats)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
His work was what was being sold as an add-on in the campaign. I would doubt that any more tuckboxes will be posted here when you can (could?) buy them.

Maybe those are going to show up on the MCG store as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kelsch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They don't sell tuckboxes for 'everything'.

The darkness miniboxes are useful. Same with other utility tuckboxes like item chests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
True - the KS only covered the heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackson
United States
Versailles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They never told me that I couldn't, and they have been pretty open to letting people make custom content, so I don't think it would be a problem.

I'll see what I can do to get boxes up for the new heroes; that should be a relatively simple task if I can find the appropriate artwork.

As far as larger / resized boxes go, that's another story. None of the artwork I slapped together is capable of being scaled to new box sizes without rebuilding it all, really.

If I were going to go about making larger item boxes, they would likely be more of a V 2.0 approach with a new layout, art that could be scaled if need be, and a lot more white on the box (reduce ink use and hide fold lines). Perhaps even a new box design altogether that would allow you to keep the cards inside it while drawing treasure for easy set up/tear down.

I'll see what I can come up with once I get my order of item sleeves in (shipped today). I'd like some boxes large enough to contain the community item pack as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kelsch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know you made the sleeves out of your own free time and good will, so I know asking for them is entitled wishing...

I just sleeved all my items and heroes.

The item boxes are basically 'fine'. I can fit all the 2.0 content + expansion content in the current tuck boxes. (Minus gold and orange which have no box)

I feel like if I need more green and blue storage, I can just make a second box opposed to needing a larger box. But I wouldn't turn down a mega box!!!

As for heroes, the boxes are just a tad too small. Basically with the 50+3 sized decks, the box should be the size of the current QUEST box.

So right now, my wish list would be:
*A Gold Item Box (same size as blue/green)
*A Orange Item Box (same size as Blue/green)
*New larger hero boxes for all 8 of the current heroes (current quest box size)
*Boxes for Hunter, Outsider, Swashbuckler (and future KS heroes)
*Darkness boxes for the two new factions, (and future KS factions eventually)

I know that is a tall order and a crap-ton of work, but I think that is the path of least resistance for modernizing the boxes to the new META.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
CarelessOpossum wrote:
Perhaps even a new box design altogether that would allow you to keep the cards inside it while drawing treasure for easy set up/tear down.

This would be totally awesome. Having just sleeved all of my items, they still currently fit in the original boxes, but there will be quite a few more greens eventually, not even counting any fan made cards. The green and blue (and the yellow/gold are getting close) are getting tall enough where the sleeves are making the piles scatter. Controlling that and simplifying setup and take-down would be a dream!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer Lagerpusch
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't get the small sleeves for Myth, they are way too large for the mini cards. If you are fully equipped it does not look good on the board since the cards overlap.
The hero sleeves are too large too, but that is ok since you put them below the hero board and there you have enough space. Very disappointed after buying the old sleeves and the new ones. Should have tried out the old mini sleeves first, would have saved me a lot of money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.