Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Smith
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just want to verify/deny that you can play a scene without the appropriate colored meld in play after the first victim.

Can anyone help here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Not sure what you mean - scene colors don't match melds, they match victims. You can always play a scene.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the help!

Thats what I meant. Sorry for the confusion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ChemEng wrote:
Just want to verify/deny that you can play a scene without the appropriate colored meld in play after the first victim.

Can anyone help here?
The victims/scenes are different colours than the suspects/evidence, so there is no such thing as "the appropriate colored meld" for a scene.

Victims/Scenes

Suspects/Evidence

Each Scene does have a matching Victim of the same colour, but the appropriate coloured Victim does not need to be in play before that Scene can be played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Veiga
Germany
flag msg tools
Another clarification question regarding scenes:

When I play a scene I can take a card from the discard pile and am allowed to play it immediately (if possible).

If I take an EVIDENCE card of a colour that has no other evidence on the table, could I play it right away with three other cards from my hand?
Or would I have to wait till next turn (because I am not only playing the card I got through the SCENE, but want to play it along with cards from my hand?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
mango_chutney wrote:
Another clarification question regarding scenes:

When I play a scene I can take a card from the discard pile and am allowed to play it immediately (if possible).
Yes. If you take a gavel card (non-scene, of course) from the discard pile, you may play it if you do so before you put the card into your hand. This is the only exception to the "one gavel card per turn" rule.
Quote:
If I take an EVIDENCE card of a colour that has no other evidence on the table, could I play it right away with three other cards from my hand? Or would I have to wait till next turn (because I am not only playing the card I got through the SCENE, but want to play it along with cards from my hand?)
Yes, an evidence card that was just taken from the discard pile by play of a scene card, may be played that turn as part of a new meld.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls