Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, 4AD'ers,

i had an idea a couple hours ago for a new category of character type in 4AD campaigns, which i'm tentatively calling them "offsite support classes". In short, they are character classes which A) provide some sort of exotic support to a party, B) take up a slot in the party during adventures, but C) do not necessarily physically join the party on their delves.

i have put together a proof of concept using an Enchanter class which can temporarily (for the duration of a delve) enchant non-magical items owned by the party:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-LwmfRxDIPvVG5WYnJZ...

As of this writing, it has not yet been playtested, but the fundamentals "seem sound enough" (but are, of course, subject to change as experience points out what those changes should look like).

i would be particularly interested in hearing feedback on the general idea, suggestions for improvements, and ideas for other support class (e.g. an Alchemist who can provide the party with magical potions, or a Cartographer who provides the party with the ability to manipulate, to a certain degree, their rolls for the random dungeon layout).

Happy Delving!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor J
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good ideas! I believe the next expansion, Deeper Dungeons for character levels 5+ will bring in henchmen and support types.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.