Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...just asking.

No reason.

Constitution amendments can pass pretty quickly, right?

Like, say, change nuclear release authorization to require either an ACTUAL nuclear attack on the US, or Declaration of War by Congress that specifically and explicitly authorizes nuclear weapons?

We could get that one through on a couple months, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
You just made me think about the Supreme Court. PLEASE GOD LET THE DEMS KEEP A FILIBUSTER!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Need some tin foil hats? Shreveport has a few thousand to share I bet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
All this worry about Trump starting wars when Hillary's already proven to be a warmonger.

Point taken, but at least there wasn't a nuke threat from her!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
All this worry about Trump starting wars when Hillary's already proven to be a warmonger.

Point taken, but at least there wasn't a nuke threat from her!

Goes to my favorite point, the Dems have *always* been more hawkish, especially on Communism. The GOP only likes bully wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Major real estate owners tend to think poorly of actual bombs flying around. You guys have to start listening to the message instead of the overblown rhetoric.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qzhdad wrote:
Major real estate owners tend to think poorly of actual bombs flying around. You guys have to start listening to the message instead of the overblown rhetoric.

So what you are saying is that a Constitutional Amendment like proposed in the OP would be A-OK with you? No risk of conflict that you can think of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
You just made me think about the Supreme Court. PLEASE GOD LET THE DEMS KEEP A FILIBUSTER!

My understanding is that a majority republican senate can change the rules and remove the filibuster as an option before the session opens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
windsagio wrote:

My understanding is that a majority republican senate can change the rules and remove the filibuster as an option before the session opens.

At least they'll be the ones doing it. I'm still firmly confident that their days are numbered one way or another.

Honestly my post above wasn't super rational, I was just irked that McConnell got away with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Alexandria (temporarily)
Virginia
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
windsagio wrote:

GOP probably won't remove the filibuster since it's handy for them, too. To avoid the so-called nuclear option, Dems in Senate will probably just have to go along (or at least not filibuster) Trump's nominees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

XanderF wrote:
...just asking.

No reason.

Like, say, change nuclear release authorization to require either an ACTUAL nuclear attack on the US, or Declaration of War by Congress that specifically and explicitly authorizes nuclear weapons?

The most likely scenario we would have to worry about in terms of a potential nuclear war is that a President Trump would most likely want the U.S. to provide more nuclear weapons to other countries like Japan and South Korea and thus cause nuclear weapons to proliferate all over the world again and escalate the possibility, if not probability, of regional nuclear wars (which wouldn't truly be regional since radioactive fallout is carried aloft in our atmosphere and drifts and falls Earthward all over the world).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
...just asking.

No reason.

Probably should do something about a President presuming he can dictate with a "pen and a phone" too....

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.