Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally $10 higher. Been watching this for a while, but hoped it was going to be included as a pledge level award in the Lisboa Kickstarter launching next week. Now I feel I have to take the bird in hand.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/1175
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
Normally $10 higher. Been watching this for a while, but hoped it was going to be included as a pledge level award in the Lisboa Kickstarter launching next week. Now I feel I have to take the bird in hand.

It is a lot heavier than anything else in your collection but if you take the time to wrap your head around it and have other players up for a heavier euro you'll be richly rewarded.

Highly recommend checking out some of the excellent tutorial videos. Like most Vital Lacerda titles, even for seasoned heavy gamers it's easy to miss a few rules on your first play or two.

One of our favorites of the last couple of years. Enjoy it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm ready for a game like this. The reason I don't have a game like this in my collection is that I'm not sure my gaming group is ready for a game like this. But there is a first time for everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
I'm ready for a game like this. The reason I don't have a game like this in my collection is that I'm not sure my gaming group is ready for a game like this. But there is a first time for everything.

All you need is one other player ready to jump in with you. While it's a bit better with more players it actually plays surprisingly well with 2. It's certainly the best way to learn a game like this if you don't have an experienced player teaching it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
GoingTopShelf wrote:

All you need is one other player ready to jump in with you. While it's a bit better with more players it actually plays surprisingly well with 2. It's certainly the best way to learn a game like this if you don't have an experienced player teaching it.

Dante, how do you feel about how this sale price compares to its historical cost?

I've been watching this one for a while but can't remember how low it's gone...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
nexbot wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
GoingTopShelf wrote:

Dante, how do you feel about how this sale price compares to its historical cost?

I've been watching for a while now and have never seen it this low. MM has it listed for 51.99 (out of stock and never been in stock at that price) but CSI appears to carry it as an exclusive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
esswhy wrote:
I've been watching for a while now and have never seen it this low. MM has it listed for 51.99 (out of stock and never been in stock at that price) but CSI appears to carry it as an exclusive

Does Eagle-Gryphon use a price protection scheme? Cause the current price seems to be "only" 25% off...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
nexbot wrote:
esswhy wrote:

Does Eagle-Gryphon use a price protection scheme? Cause the current price seems to be "only" 25% off...

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broadbent
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:

And free shipping on the entire order! That's a clincher for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nexbot wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
GoingTopShelf wrote:

It's a great price for this especially with free shipping. I backed it via KS, same for Vinhos and they were worth every penny. Hoping Kanban gets a similar treatment eventually.

If you haven't seen these in person or in a video for scale it's a ridiculously big packed crazy thick heavy box. All the cardboard inside is at least twice as thick as most games as well.

There's no doubt these EGG luxe editions are pricey but I will say that they are definitely delivering incredible component quality for the premium price. The new Vinhos Deluxe is the same (box size and all)and I'm guessing Lisboa will be too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For most on this site, the free shipping is a great benefit, but I live 5 miles from my closest CSI, so shipping for me is nothing more than the price of 1/6th of a gallon of gas.

Still, the $20 discount below MSRP alone is the best deal I've seen in 5 months of watch listing this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, definitely worth $60 with free shipping - the box is HUGE and HEAVY.

So much stuff, such amazing quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander III
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Market testing of retailing through an exclusive deal continues...

It is interesting to watch board game sellers try new ways to maintain their profit margins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Piquette
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
mbmbmbmbmb
Fallen to $60 a few times. Unsure when/if it will fall further.

I'm quite interested, but having so many games already, getting this one played regularly or at all might be tough.

I've again decided against it. I'd primarily be getting it for solo play, and there are better options for solo play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Icarus599 wrote:
I'm quite interested, but having so many games already, getting this one played regularly or at all might be tough.

Pretty much this. Plus I could have sworn I've seen it drop to $55 or so once before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For me this is a collectors item as much as it is a game - if you're of that sort of mindset. The quality of the art, the design, and the material is just stunning.

The game's not bad either .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Seems back up to 69.99. Dang it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.