Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Sellmer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Political Infighting wrote:

You may only take one action on this round. You cannot take free actions on your next round.

I don't understand the "on this round" part of the first sentence. The event is drawn during the Campaign phase so the player is not taking any rounds. Should this card be interpreted as:

"In your next round, you may only take one action and cannot take any free actions." ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is meant with 'round' in this context? A whole round until the campaign sequence is triggered? Or only the next round/turn of the player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
What is meant with 'round' in this context? A whole round until the campaign sequence is triggered? Or only the next round/turn of the player?

Just the next round of the player. A "round" is just two actions (normally). A "turn" is the span between campaign sequences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djberg96 wrote:
d0gb0t wrote:

Just the next round of the player. A "round" is just two actions (normally). A "turn" is the span between campaign sequences.

For what it's worth, for me, the use of the word "round" as referring to a set of player actions is one of the most confusing things about the rulebook. It's a very unusual use of the word.

In most (all?) other games, a round as defined as going once around the table (i.e., all players get a turn). The words "turn" and "round" in HitS seem backwards.

"Turn" could have been labeled year, era, or something similar to reduce confusion a bit.

It could just be me having a semantic breakdown, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.