$5.00
$15.00
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have doubt having Special Ability restricted to only one region. As long as a faction able to pay with resources, it should be able to perform Special Ability in different regions. According to 4.1,

"As with Commands, the executing Faction selects Regions, Tribes, Factions, or pieces affected and in what order. Select a given Region only once for a given Special Ability."

4.4.2 also doesn't mention such a restriction to one region. It says:

"Pay two Aedui Resources per Ally and one Aedui Resource per Warband or Auxilia to remove and/or place a total of up to three such pieces in the Suborn Region (in any combination)."

As long as Aedui have a hidden warband in the region, it should be able to perform Special Ability "Suborn" in it. However, my opponent says it should be restricted to only one region even though Aedui have sufficient resources.

Is my understanding of the rules right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't 4.4.2 also say this?

Quote:
It may accompany Rally, March, or Raid and occur in any one Region with a Hidden Aedui Warband.

I read that as limiting it to one region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
supermaxv wrote:

Quote:
It may accompany Rally, March, or Raid and occur in any one Region with a Hidden Aedui Warband.

I see it as accompany the command in any one region. So if I have two March command into two different regions, can I perform Suborn afterward in each of the region? Or why can't I?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
supermaxv wrote:

Quote:

I see it as accompany the command in any one region. So if I have two March command into two different regions, can I perform Suborn afterward in each of the region? Or why can't I?

You can't because the rules specifically say say one region?

Also note that there is a special capability "Convictolitavis" on card #43 which specifically allows the Aedui to Suborn in two regions instead of just one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
supermaxv wrote:

Quote:

I see it as accompany the command in any one region.

That's not what the rule says. You have left out a couple of important words, namely "and occur".

"Accompany" only refers to the types of Command that you can execute a Suborn SA together with, i.e., it tells you when you may Suborn. It says nothing whatsoever about where you may do it.

"occur in" is the part that tells you where: in any (i.e., the Aedui can choose freely, except for whatever restrictions follow later in this sentence) one (i.e., single) Region with a Hidden Aedui Warband (this is the only restriction to the previous "any").

Quote:
So if I have two March command into two different regions, can I perform Suborn afterward in each of the region? Or why can't I?

No, you can't do it because you would be executing the SA in any TWO Regions. 4.4.2 only allows you to execute Suborn in any ONE Region.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.