Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
155 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Good Win for America! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang I didn't think I'd see the day.

He wasn't my first or even third choice (I believe he was 10th), but he won.

There's hope for America again.

Odin has smiled upon us.




Ferret
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Go fuck yourself.

Trump is a bigot, a misogynist, and a loon. You damned well better pray you're right he's not the next Hitler because he holds democracy and rule of law in contempt, has said he's going to systematically deny rights to large swathes of people, and he's vindictive as hell.
72 
 Thumb up
8.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Dang I didn't think I'd see the day.

He wasn't my first or even third choice (I believe he was 10th), but he won.

There's hope for America again.

Odin has smiled upon us.




Ferret


Dude, you are soooooooo fucking wrong.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Dang I didn't think I'd see the day.

He wasn't my first or even third choice (I believe he was 10th), but he won.

There's hope for America again.

Odin has smiled upon us.




Ferret


Thank you sir! We will work hard to do what is right
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Go f... yourself.



"A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God." Romans 2:28-29
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see a positive effect on gun sales among liberals now. Perhaps they'll see the value of the 2nd amendment in this new light.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
I was wrong about Obama in 2008, I hope I'm wrong about Trump now in 2016.

I'm not going to prejudge the man before he even takes the oath of office, but I'll admit.....

I'm really goddamn skeptical.

However-
Hilary ran a shitty campaign. I mean, REALLY shitty campaign. Whoever told her that it was a good idea to go shit on FBI Director Comey when he vaguely reopened the email issue after lauding him for closing the case in the first place needs to have their toenails pulled out- it was just rank hypocrisy at the last minute that fed into all the narratives about HRC that Trump and his attack sleaze dogs had been pushing for months. Stupid, stupid stupid.

So lets see what he can do, and lets see if he really is all that the alt-Right hopes he is.

I really, truly, hope he isn't.

Darilian
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
Sarxis wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Go f... yourself.



"A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God." Romans 2:28-29


You've got the FUCKING BALLS to quote ROMANS to a religiously observant Jew on what it means to be Jewish????

Seriously-

Go fuck yourself.

Darilian
52 
 Thumb up
6.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Go f... yourself.



"A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God." Romans 2:28-29
Goody. You have your own antisemitism too. Wonderful!
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Christophe Francois wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Go fuck yourself.

Trump is a bigot, a misogynist, and a loon. You damned well better pray you're right he's not the net Hitler because he holds democracy and rule of law in contempt, has said he's going to systematically deny rights to large swathes of people, and he's vindictive as hell.


I just heard his speech. Doesn't sound like Hitler to me. Anyway, let's judge him on his actions, words are cheap.


Fair enough. Please be sure not to ignore his negative actions or that would be cheating.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Christophe Francois wrote:
I just heard his speech. Doesn't sound like Hitler to me.


Nor to me. It was actually a pretty good speech. I hope he does what he says he'll do.

What messed me up was that after he was done talking, the music started up, and it was the Stones:

You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes
You just might find
You get what you need



Was there a particular reason that song was chosen?
Is there a message there?


I'm not falling for it Drew. We don't need more walls and throwing around nuke threats willy nilly.

Sometimes you don't get what you need. Sometimes you get fucked.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ImaSokpupet wrote:
Trump will be a horrible president, but people need to realize that he won't have much of an effect on their life. No politician does.


Politicians have a significant impact on the marginalised, who can become more or less marginalised, which can have a major impact on their lives. Politicians of powerful countries (America, China and Russia in particular) can have major impacts outside their home countries, including in which conflicts they do or do not get involved in (or start). There's more, but those points stand out.
18 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
ImaSokpupet wrote:
Trump will be a horrible president, but people need to realize that he won't have much of an effect on their life. No politician does. Fuck'em all. You are in command of making your own life better.


Presidents shape the future of the country, and in the case of te U.S.A., they also shape the future of the world. It's not only about your own life, but it is also about our environment.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Go fuck yourself.

Trump is a bigot, a misogynist, and a loon. You damned well better pray you're right he's not the next Hitler because he holds democracy and rule of law in contempt, has said he's going to systematically deny rights to large swathes of people, and he's vindictive as hell.


Sounds like your type of person, being from Israel
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
Ferretman wrote:


Odin has smiled upon us.


And what the fuck is up with all the 'Odin' references?

Are you a devotee of Asatru?

Darilian
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
whac3 wrote:
Go fuck yourself.

Trump is a bigot, a misogynist, and a loon. You damned well better pray you're right he's not the next Hitler because he holds democracy and rule of law in contempt, has said he's going to systematically deny rights to large swathes of people, and he's vindictive as hell.


Get a grip.
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bradelli wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Go fuck yourself.

Trump is a bigot, a misogynist, and a loon. You damned well better pray you're right he's not the next Hitler because he holds democracy and rule of law in contempt, has said he's going to systematically deny rights to large swathes of people, and he's vindictive as hell.


Sounds like your type of person, being from Israel

Shall I point out that the Taoiseach was the only person to offer the Germans condolences on the death of Hitler? or that the Irish press is argued by many to be the most antisemitic in Europe? Shall I explain why Sinn Fein's narrative is bullocks?

Why would I paint all Irish people with a single brush? Yet you are happy to do the same to Israelis.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bookmarking this thread so I can necropost as needed. You should do the same, Ferret.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Clark
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
whac3 wrote:
Go fuck yourself.

Trump is a bigot, a misogynist, and a loon. You damned well better pray you're right he's not the next Hitler because he holds democracy and rule of law in contempt, has said he's going to systematically deny rights to large swathes of people, and he's vindictive as hell.


Well sort of, But the alternative was a walking constitutional crisis knee-deep in scandal of every kind imaginable and the head of a criminal enterprise to boot. Meanwhile Trump said some mean things. Checks and balances and the lack of respect he has within the political system, or the outright affront he has made to it with his "drain the swamp" rhetoric, I believe will keep him from doing too much damage. Meanwhile given how Clinton was able to get the media, the DOJ and even key elements of the Republican party working for her terrified me that she could accomplish just about anything. Luckily the people ultimately had a say in it. Most importantly Clinton's retarded idea of establishing a no-fly zone in Syria where Putin had already put one in place has been taken off the table. That wouldn't have just been a Cuban Missile Crisis situation, it would have been The Bay of Pigs in terms of sheer audacity and how much it would piss off Russia. Yeah, I can safely say crisis averted on this one. I guess if liberals wanted to win they should have gotten behind a third party when it looked as though their precious Democratic candidate was an infirmed psychopathic criminal. I say this as someone who really wanted Bernie to win.

As a side note, everything you were told about Lybia was horseshit. I wont presume to speak for Gadaffi's character but if you do your research you will find Lybia was a socialist paradise guaranteeing its people the highest standard of living in all of Africa and a life-expectancy almost as good as the USA's. The USA decided to raze it to the ground when Gadaffi tried to sell Lybian oil in the African Dinar (a gold backed continental currency). It is shameful that this happened because this decision would have benefitted all of continental Africa and given it more buying power on the world stage. None of these issurrections and depositions whether it be Hussein or Gadaffi or Assad are predicated on their human rights abuses (apparently made-up ones in the case of Gadaffi). In the case of Hussein he wanted to sell his oil in euros. Assad refused to run an important pipeline through Syria. In fact it would be really stupid to attack as close an ally of Russia as Syria just over human rights because it would lead to the worst situation imagineable. And indeed it has so far. And for the downfall of the advanced Lybia, the continued exploitation of Africa and the pecarious Russian situation looming ever close to Total War we have Hillary Clinton to blame. And we should all be grateful we will never have to deal with that horrible witch again.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
Dang I didn't think I'd see the day.

He wasn't my first or even third choice (I believe he was 10th), but he won.

There's hope for America again.

Odin has smiled upon us.




Ferret


Thank you sir! We will work hard to do what is right

-wing.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Go fuck yourself.

Trump is a bigot, a misogynist, and a loon. You damned well better pray you're right he's not the next Hitler because he holds democracy and rule of law in contempt, has said he's going to systematically deny rights to large swathes of people, and he's vindictive as hell.


I just popped into these forums briefly, read two posts in this thread, and that was enough. "Trump is a bigot, a misogynist, and a loon," and I agree.

The problem is, you start with "go fuck yourself." How the hell do people think they can defeat hate with hate? I'm so tired of seeing people spew hateful, even violent at times, language against one another behind the safety of a keyboard. When you say "go fuck yourself" right off the bat, you aren't doing ANYTHING to change minds. You are instantly making the person put up a defensive front and ignore EVERYTHING that follows. You are being hateful in attacking someone that voted for a hateful person. How does that set any sort of example? How does that change anything?

Come on, people. No matter what you believe, no matter who you voted for, no matter your ideals, BE NICE TO ONE ANOTHER! This world is fucked anyway, and all we have is each other. Set an example of kindness and compassion. People shouldn't be hateful toward someone just because they believe something different. That's the whole point, isn't it?
47 
 Thumb up
6.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Libs are entitled to their hate.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell
Netherlands
Zutphen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Dang I didn't think I'd see the day.

He wasn't my first or even third choice (I believe he was 10th), but he won.

There's hope for America again.

Odin has smiled upon us.

Ferret


Serious question. Do you think that w Bush left the country in a better state locally and globally than when he found it? It seems that trumps message is bush's but more extreme, I was wondering how you think that worked out?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
alicialaura wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Go fuck yourself.

Trump is a bigot, a misogynist, and a loon. You damned well better pray you're right he's not the next Hitler because he holds democracy and rule of law in contempt, has said he's going to systematically deny rights to large swathes of people, and he's vindictive as hell.


I just popped into these forums briefly, read two posts in this thread, and that was enough. "Trump is a bigot, a misogynist, and a loon," and I agree.

The problem is, you start with "go fuck yourself." How the hell do people think they can defeat hate with hate? I'm so tired of seeing people spew hateful, even violent at times, language against one another behind the safety of a keyboard. When you say "go fuck yourself" right off the bat, you aren't doing ANYTHING to change minds. You are instantly making the person put up a defensive front and ignore EVERYTHING that follows. You are being hateful in attacking someone that voted for a hateful person. How does that set any sort of example? How does that change anything?

Come on, people. No matter what you believe, no matter who you voted for, no matter your ideals, BE NICE TO ONE ANOTHER! This world is fucked anyway, and all we have is each other. Set an example of kindness and compassion. People shouldn't be hateful toward someone just because they believe something different. That's the whole point, isn't it?

It's part of an ongoing back and forth. Besides you can chide my rudeness. I hope that's all that's involved. I do not think it necessarily is with Trump as it would be with anyone else. This is a man who has promised to systematically deny peoples' rights in large groups.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Clark
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
whac3 wrote:

It's part of an ongoing back and forth. Besides you can chide my rudeness. I hope that's all that's involved. I do not think it necessarily is with Trump as it would be with anyone else. This is a man who has promised to systematically deny peoples' rights in large groups.


He thinks watching a couple CNN videos on youtube means he's informed. How cute.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.