Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of Trump's first acts will be to kill Obamacare. When that happens how much lower do you think your premiums will go down? Don't be shy. Throw out some numbers.

As a side note, just think of how much better off people with preexisting conditions will be. <wink wink>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
One of Trump's first acts will be to kill Obamacare. When that happens how much lower do you think your premiums will go down? Don't be shy. Throw out some numbers.

As a side note, just think of how much better off people with preexisting conditions will be. <wink wink>

And good riddance to bad rubbish.

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
mrspank wrote:

Ferret

You mean the people with preexisting conditions?!

Also, you didn't answer the question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:

I'll lose my health coverage. First heart attack, major car wreck, cancer, etc. I'm ruined financially. Most of my bills (at emergency room rates) will probably be passed on to people with insurance. Unless they stop treating people in emergency rooms unless they have insurance or can pay in advance. Then I guess I just die.

The replacement looks to be HSA which are worthless for the bottom 80%. You just can't save enough for a big medical event (one heart attack is about $60,000).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
mrspank wrote:

I'll lose my health coverage. First heart attack, major car wreck, cancer, etc. I'm ruined financially. Most of my bills (at emergency room rates) will probably be passed on to people with insurance. Unless they stop treating people in emergency rooms unless they have insurance or can pay in advance. Then I guess I just die.

The replacement looks to be HSA which are worthless for the bottom 80%. You just can't save enough for a big medical event (one heart attack is about $60,000).

Wait, are you pretending to claim that Obamacare actually helped you? That's fucking bullshit and every RSP conservative knows it.

I'm sorry about your upcoming misfortune. Maybe Trump won't repeal Obamacare, but I doubt it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Martin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
mrspank wrote:

Ferret

Do you use it? Most people I know who are critical of it dont even use it. The people I know who use it dont particularly like it but there is no alternative and Trump isnt going to do shit to improve the situation. Its one thing to dislike something because you have a better plan but as it stands right now were axing peoples healthcare for no other reason than ITS BAD!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Congress? Vote to repeal a welfare program?

Get some sleep. You are hysterical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
mbmbmbmbmb
Preexisting chronic disease since the age of 34 and was recently diagnosed with a 2nd at age 47. I'm the sole provider for a family of five including two children that are't my own.

I could not afford insurance before the ACA. I certainly won't be able to afford if it goes away.

A Trump presidency and a GOP Congress is a direct threat to my life. I'm not exaggerating. I almost died at age 34 from a heart attack and had to have emergency surgery. My odds of having one for real increase with age.

People who say just get rid of the ACA entirely . . . or say stop stressing . . . obviously don't have chronic diseases who would be otherwise uninsurable without the ACA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

They've already voted 57 times to repeal it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Clark
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
He also said he was going to replace it. Furthermore the ACA was a really dumb token gesture which was the worst of all possible worlds. People cant afford their health insurance yet its now illegal not to. Single payer or bust baby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
mbmbmbmbmb
CoreyClark wrote:
He also said he was going to replace it. Furthermore the ACA was a really dumb token gesture which was the worst of all possible worlds. People cant afford their health insurance yet its now illegal not to. Single payer or bust baby.

Trump held a press conference just before the vote and announced his plan: Health savings accounts and making insurance available across state lines.

Neither of these things help people with pre-existing conditions. Neither of these results in universal coverage. Neither of these help anyone above the income levels for Medicaid but don't make enough to pay for insurance.

Even under the ACA health insurance was not affordable for me before I had dependents. Before I got married and was able to claim four more dependents as a result I had to pay out of pocket through the exchanges. At one point I "violated the law" and dropped the coverage because it simply wasn't affordable.

The US will not get single payer under Trump.

Before the ACA people really did die from lack of health care. People with all sorts of illnesses that required ongoing care and maintenance. We we will return to those days again as stated by Trump's own words. Because his "plan" does not help the people the ACA was designed to help.

I agree, single payer. But I'd also like to live to raise my 3 year old daughter. I'll take the deeply flawed ACA over nothing. And nothing is exactly what I'm going to get from Trump - by his own words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

They've already voted 57 times to repeal it.

To be fair, that was only when they knew it had no chance of actually being repealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.