Escape from Colditz» Forums » General

Subject: Is there a co-operative play variant in the rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Says it all. I seem to remember reading somewhere that there was an official, in the box co-operative play variant in the rule book. Is this true>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ian taylor wrote:
Says it all. I seem to remember reading somewhere that there was an official, in the box co-operative play variant in the rule book. Is this true>

Yes, but it's not really different. Instead of one player winning by getting 2 to escape, the goal is that the group as a whole must be able to have X to escape. It recommends that X is the amount of POW players - but I think this is a little unbalanced in some player counts - since everybody starts with an Escape Kit already.

In short, the way they worded it in the rules seems to be an afterthought. It doesn't look like they playtested that as a variant a lot.

The whole variants (called Play Options) section of the rulebook is just bad. It just throws a few options in the air, but technically says that 'whatever players decide'. Which is essentially worthless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info, Kristo, though it's not what I'd hoped for

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.