Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Stimson
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does military leader card ever augment the attack strength? Or is it used to invoke a free battle, then discarded and thus unavailable for use in boosting combat strength?

Edit: Does the military leader ever augment the attack strength for a battle that it invoked? i.e Start the war AND fight in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Hmmmm, very good question. I would say no, and that hinges on the revealing of the cards played in battle, i.e. you select cards face down to be played in battle (the words face down are even bolded in the rules in that section). If you've exposed the Military Leader card to take the extra action then it would technically have to go back into your hand to be used for battle, which is not an option.

Just my opinion.

[edit]
I am assuming from your wording that you are only asking if the card can be used for both purposes simultaneously (extra action and battle boost).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you play it for the extra action, then no. If you use it as an addition to the battle strength (the background) then yes. But one or the other, not both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls