Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Some good news for RSP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Pot won big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm indifferent to legalizing marijuana. Smoking's a nasty habit, no matter what is being inhaled. But if people want it, whatever.

But I wasn't happy with California's Proposition 64. I don't think it was written well, and there's the risk that the revenues from this will only create a slush fund that can be raided for pet projects instead of going into the state's General Fund.

But...people don't want to worry about the future. They're only concerned about rolling their next joint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Pot won big.

But since it remains a crime at the federal level, its status is very tenuous and depends on how the president and attorney general decided to treat it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Which states voted to legalize?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
FFffftttt....devil Whaaa... ...PffffT...

Oh yea...

Wait... what, it wasn't on the ballot in Michigan? Damn-it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
Which states voted to legalize?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/11/08/medic...

Quote:
Voters in California, Massachusetts and Nevada approved recreational marijuana initiatives Tuesday night, and several other states passed medical marijuana provisions, in what is turning out to be the biggest electoral victory for marijuana reform since 2012, when Colorado and Washington first approved the drug's recreational use.

In addition to the states above, local outlets in Maine are declaring victory for that state's legalization measure, but with 91 percent of precincts reporting just a few thousand votes separate the "Yes" and "No" columns.

A similar legalization measure in Arizona did not gain sufficient support to pass, with 52 percent of voters rejecting it.

On the medical side, voters in Florida, North Dakota and Arkansas have approved medical marijuana initiatives. Voters in in Montana also rolled back restrictions on an existing medical pot law.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
I'm going to give it up to the voters of Oklahoma.

There were seven state questions on the ballot. The losers?

--Right to farm (thinly-veiled attempt to keep the EPA from cracking down on harmful farming practices, as well as inhumane treatment of animals)

--Allowing the state to spend taxpayer money on religious/faith based organizations (the state already can, thinly-veiled attempt to get the 10 Commandments back on the State house lawn)

--Extra penny sales tax to fund teachers' raises (tough one for me, as my daughter is a teacher, but I voted no. Sales taxes are high already -- 9.5 cents per dollar -- and the Legislature needs to step up and do its job instead of bleat "cut taxes, cut taxes" as the state falls further behind)

The winners:

--Reducing drug possession and certain property crimes as misdemeanors, which reduces inmate population, and directs monies to rehab. Best one on the ballot. (two questions for this one)

--Allowing Oklahoma to choose which method of inmate execution it deems proper as long as the Supreme Court is okay with it. Pandering, simple pandering. The state can already do this.

--Allowing liquor stores to sell cold beer and non-alcoholic items (keg taps, bottle openers, party items), and also allowing grocery stores to sell wine and beer. The biggest winner of the night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
I'm indifferent to legalizing marijuana. Smoking's a nasty habit, no matter what is being inhaled. But if people want it, whatever.

But I wasn't happy with California's Proposition 64. I don't think it was written well, and there's the risk that the revenues from this will only create a slush fund that can be raided for pet projects instead of going into the state's General Fund.

But...people don't want to worry about the future. They're only concerned about rolling their next joint.
This why I was happy Ohio's MJ issue failed last time. It was terrible legislation. It seems like too many people are trying to rig the regulation on the ground floor in order to get choice deals out of the gate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
Smoking's a nasty habit, no matter what is being inhaled.

Pot can, at least, be eaten. Try eating a cigarette one day (I'm kidding, don't - it will make you very sick).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In Time
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think pot being legalized is good for the Democratic Party.. turnout may diminish..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinT1 wrote:
I don't think pot being legalized is good for the Democratic Party.. turnout may diminish..

That's only because everyone will be driving so slowly, they will be late to the polling booths!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmbmb
And now we'll see if Trump follows Obama by not actively pursuing federal intervention.

I don't "think" he will. He seems to be OK with States decisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
And now we'll see if Trump follows Obama by not actively pursuing federal intervention.

Obama wasn't very big on "law enforcement."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Ahh, you are assuming things are changing. cute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

That is what Obama ran on....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

That is what Obama ran on....

You could take your chances in the Philippines, instead...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinT1 wrote:

I think Dems will love legalized marijuana. Each states that approves it becomes a blue (haze) state.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.