Popular Tags: [View All]
Tara
United Kingdom
York
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am wondering if we can adapt The Making of the President to create an updated version for Trump v Clinton whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy. Whoever plays the most poorly wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way to win is not to play.

(Topical nuclear holocaust reference.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Franczyk
United States
Windermere
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yorkrambler wrote:
I am wondering if we can adapt The Making of the President to create an updated version for Trump v Clinton whistle

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/139504/unofficial-fan-mad...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Schaefer
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the setup is done right, it seems very doable. If the election had held to form it would have been no more interesting than most of the others in recent cycles. But with the Rust Belt and NH in play and split votes in NE and ME, both players would have numerous viable paths to 270.

I don't know what I would think of the event cards for a year like this, though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E William
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
There were so many events going on throughout this election that you could make almost two decks worth of cards. I think it could be doable. Could you imagine a card titled "Grab 'em by the P****"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing about 1960 is that the magnitude of television influence was just starting to manifest. As such television broadcasting really doesn't have that much of an effect on the state of the game.

Fast forward 56 years and the effect of Television (and now other media, like Twitter) is much more pronounced.

So, I don't think the current base for 1960 would serve well as a simulation for 2016.

That doesn't mean it wouldn't be a great topic for a game (much the same way that 2000 would be a great theme for many of the same reasons) - just that some of the base mechanics have to change fairly significantly to reflect the modern era.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
The thing about 1960 is that the magnitude of television influence was just starting to manifest. As such television broadcasting really doesn't have that much of an effect on the state of the game.

Fast forward 56 years and the effect of Television (and now other media, like Twitter) is much more pronounced.

So, I don't think the current base for 1960 would serve well as a simulation for 2016.

That doesn't mean it wouldn't be a great topic for a game (much the same way that 2000 would be a great theme for many of the same reasons) - just that some of the base mechanics have to change fairly significantly to reflect the modern era.

That is all true. And this would be an amazing game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If they made an app, they could easily change the electoral map and cards for watershed elections like 2000 and 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Trump vs. Clinton variant is to light the game on fire, drink half a bottle of Bailey's, and then sleep for two weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.