Snowblind: Race for the Pole» Forums » Rules

Subject: Shared resources at south pole rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that during the beta there was a rule that all resources on the south pole itself can be used by any player. Can't find it in the rules anymore, is it still active?

(If yes, can one player not only eat but also move crates of another player away form the pole, what happens when multiple players are on the pole and due to a weather card everybody has to discard a crate but they are not enough.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
txnull wrote:
I know that during the beta there was a rule that all resources on the south pole itself can be used by any player. Can't find it in the rules anymore, is it still active?

(If yes, can one player not only eat but also move crates of another player away form the pole, what happens when multiple players are on the pole and due to a weather card everybody has to discard a crate but they are not enough.)

Phew, I am happy that this isn't in the final rulebook. Sounds pretty harsh to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snake2shake wrote:
txnull wrote:

Phew, I am happy that this isn't in the final rulebook. Sounds pretty harsh to me.

Kind of thematic though......if Scott had arrived and was starving just as Amundsen was preparing to leave, he would have shared some rations I would think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PlanBee wrote:
snake2shake wrote:
txnull wrote:

Kind of thematic though......if Scott had arrived and was starving just as Amundsen was preparing to leave, he would have shared some rations I would think.

Not if they were playing a zero sum game! :)

-Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PlanBee wrote:
txnull wrote:

Yeah, this rule didn't make the final cut. I was a fan of it, and agree it's thematic. Perhaps Rob will add it as an official variant...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.