Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about 'Shove' rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stef
Belgium
Liège
flag msg tools
Hello

I wonder if we can shove zombies which are 'frozen' by a succesful Ice Blast spell ?
Are they considered as frozen on the ground, or more as frozen ice-blocks ?

Can crowz be shoved ?

Could I shove any ennemy ? (e.g. : in a custom quest, we fight against a Dracoliche - is it shovable ?)

Thanks for your answers
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dekianon wrote:
Hello

I wonder if we can shove zombies which are 'frozen' by a succesful Ice Blast spell ?
Are they considered as frozen on the ground, or more as frozen ice-blocks ?

Can crowz be shoved ?

Could I shove any ennemy ? (e.g. : in a custom quest, we fight against a Dracoliche - is it shovable ?)

Thanks for your answers


for frozen zombies i would say no, since they are unable to move, timing of when to cast or not a spell or use a skill is important after all.

otherwise all zombies are affected by shove.


im not sure why you ask for rules about a custom figure?
clearly there are no official rules for dracoliche, you will have to decide for yourself whether you want it to be affected or not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ice Blast is easy. Ice Blasted Zombies cannot be moved, but the Shove Skill specifically states it is not Movement. Thus, the Ice Blasted Zombies can be Shoved. Given how we generally thought the card should work, the Zombies would remain Ice Blasted too (they still can't Move).

I can't see any reason why Crowz can't be Shoved.

You could shove anything considered a Zombie. What that means for custom Quests is up to the designer of the Quest I guess.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
A shove question came up in our game last night.

If you have the shove ability can you shove a zombie to the left or right or only backwards?

We played, I believe correctly, you can shove left/right/back as long as the tile is one tile further from the caster.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shove is always 'backwards' no matter which Zone you choose. You are Shoving Zombies out of your Zone and into a neighbouring Zone. That's always going to be away from you and thus always going to be backwards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Please check out the following link:

http://bleu-omega-direct.webflow.io/zombie

I assume the zombies can be shoved to the left or the right in this scenario, correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They can't be Shoved at all. The Zombies you Shove must be in the Survivor's Zone.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Ohhhh.... missed that part. So left/right is never an issue. Got it!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I think I figured out what confused you as you mentioned 'caster' earlier.

You were referring to the Repulse Enchantment, right? It doesn't invoke Shove, which is a Skill.

You could indeed Repulse Zombies left or right. In that case, the wording is to choose a Zone with Zombies and move them so that they are 1 space further away from the caster. The spaces to the left and right qualify.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks. That makes more sense. I did not know there was a "shove" skill.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Curry
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you only shove Zombies? That is to say, you couldn't shove your good buddy Baldric to get him forward a space?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Homey_Christ wrote:
Can you only shove Zombies? That is to say, you couldn't shove your good buddy Baldric to get him forward a space?

Nope. The text of the Skill is quite clear that you can only move Zombies.

The Lifesaver Skill allows you to pull a Survivor out of a Zone with Zombies into your own, though. That could certainly be used on your good buddy Baldric.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Curry
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Homey_Christ wrote:
Can you only shove Zombies? That is to say, you couldn't shove your good buddy Baldric to get him forward a space?

Nope. The text of the Skill is quite clear that you can only move Zombies.

The Lifesaver Skill allows you to pull a Survivor out of a Zone with Zombies into your own, though. That could certainly be used on your good buddy Baldric.


Thanks. He needs all the help he can get. I don't own this game so I didn't have the rule book, but I am backing the upcoming Green Horde and I imagine this skill will be making a return.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook for Black Plague and Work in Progress rulebook for Green Horde are both available online if you want to have a look. I have PDFs of all the games I frequently answer rules questions about. They can be really handy for looking up things like this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Martin
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
And anything that isn't a "Survivor" is a "Zombie", e.g. Necromancers are "zombies" for purposes of spell effects. Unless the crowz have something saying they are not zombies, they're zombies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake TheZombie
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
The last line of the crowz
Rules says "also they ignore game effects preventing them from staying in a zone." They will not leave a zone from any game effects. Shove will not move them.
Haroun wrote:
And anything that isn't a "Survivor" is a "Zombie", e.g. Necromancers are "zombies" for purposes of spell effects. Unless the crowz have something saying they are not zombies, they're zombies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jake the zombie wrote:
The last line of the crowz
Rules says "also they ignore game effects preventing them from staying in a zone." They will not leave a zone from any game effects. Shove will not move them.

Shove is not an effect that prevents Zombies being in a Zone, it's an effect that moves Zombies from one Zone to another.

I'm not sure there are any real effects that prevent Zombies being in a Zone in the Black Plague line yet, although such places exist in Modern Zombicide, there's a certain kind of gate in the prison that forces actors inside of the Zone to leave it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake TheZombie
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Clipper wrote:
Jake the zombie wrote:
The last line of the crowz
Rules says "also they ignore game effects preventing them from staying in a zone." They will not leave a zone from any game effects. Shove will not move them.

Shove is not an effect that prevents Zombies being in a Zone, it's an effect that moves Zombies from one Zone to another.

I'm not sure there are any real effects that prevent Zombies being in a Zone in the Black Plague line yet, although such places exist in Modern Zombicide, there's a certain kind of gate in the prison that forces actors inside of the Zone to leave it.

This is a debate my group has been going around on forever. Normally I'm taking your position,it always comes back to "what is a game effect"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jake the zombie wrote:
This is a debate my group has been going around on forever. Normally I'm taking your position,it always comes back to "what is a game effect"

A "game" effect is usually considered to be part of the AI process of the game and is typically something over which the players have no control. A mandatory event card required to be drawn each round would be an example. A particular type of mechanic in a zone on the board would be another example, such as if the rules idicated that a certain zone is considered to always have an eternal flame or similar effect.
A game effect is typically something caused by the game itself and usually not something the players can cause directly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.