Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alex dhs
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

Lets's say that during age 1 I build my wonder "the divine theater". I decide to reveal cards from greek mythology deck and choose Zeus. Then I discard one card from the structure and this card has a mythology token on it, so I discard this token too as described in the rulebook.
What happens at the beginning of age 2 when the Gate card must be placed in the Pantheon.
As I discarded one mythology token diring age 1, there are now two empty spaces in the Pantheon.

Any idea ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Chipboard
Argentina
Cordoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't find any mention of that in the manual, but I suspect there will just be an empty space in the pantheon, so you'll have 2 options on where to put the gate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex dhs
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
yes but which player chooses where to put the gate ? The prices are not the same in the Pantheon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Poal
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeus can not be activated in Age I. The "buy cards from the pantheon" action is only available from age II. In Age I you only put the Mythology cards face down in the pantheon (not activate them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Except you can by building the Divine Theatre wonder, as said in the original post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex dhs
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
stevenschurink wrote:
Zeus can not be activated in Age I. The "buy cards from the pantheon" action is only available from age II. In Age I you only put the Mythology cards face down in the pantheon (not activate them).

Yes but during age 1 you can build the divine theater that let you choose a divinity from the deck you want
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah great library and divine theater are special in that they allow you things normally only available from age II.

It's a loophole in the rules, obviously, albeit perhaps not relevant in praxis. I guess, this didn't come up in a real game? I cannot imagine someone using the very expensive theater for Zeus discarding a face down card. I guess almost all god powers would be stronger, especially in age I.

Still it's a loophole. For me, personally, Zeus is situational enough to allow use of a token present at such a card to fix the loophole. Zeus' power might be useful though at age III, when no more double moves or gods are available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Califax wrote:
Yeah great library and divine theater are special in that they allow you things normally only available from age II.

It's a loophole in the rules, obviously, albeit perhaps not relevant in praxis. I guess, this didn't come up in a real game? I cannot imagine someone using the very expensive theater for Zeus discarding a face down card. I guess almost all god powers would be stronger, especially in age I.

Still it's a loophole. For me, personally, Zeus is situational enough to allow use of a token present at such a card to fix the loophole. Zeus' power might be useful though at age III, when no more double moves or gods are available.

Sort for this loop hole.
Official rule is that, in cas eZeus destroys a card with a token, player apply the effect of the token
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mattle elttam
msg tools
Bruno des Montagnes wrote:
Califax wrote:

Sort for this loop hole.
Official rule is that, in cas eZeus destroys a card with a token, player apply the effect of the token

does he/she keep the token?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
mattle wrote:

[...]
Sort for this loop hole.

does he/she keep the token?

I think that's part of applying the effect of the token: you put it in front of yourself and - if it was a Mythology token - choose a Divinity card to be placed in the Pantheon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So really, you will never have a situation where there are 2 spaces to put the gate it seems.

Also, it seems that with Zeus' power he basically lets you destroy the card and take the token. This is the way I understand it at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Márton Molnár
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
Also, it seems that with Zeus' power he basically lets you destroy the card and take the token. This is the way I understand it at least.

This is what the author said a few posts above too:

Interestingly, this is exactly the opposite of how the power of Zeus is described in the rule book:
Quote:
Put in the discard pile a card of your choice (face up
or down) from the structure, as well as any tokens
which may be present on that card.

But of course keeping the token would make sense in this scenario. Also, still nobody mentioned that it actually happened in a real game ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.