Hands in the Sea» Forums » Rules

Subject: Use of out of supply location rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filippo
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is is possible to use an out of supply location as the "travelling" card in a settle/attack action? For travelling I mean the first card you play that shows the requirements needed, either cart or ship, in order to move to a new location.
In the rules it is explicitly stated that out of supply locations are dead cards that you can only discard, return to the empire deck or reserve, but then again in the paragraph where it is more thoroughly explained what the card cannot do there is no reference to the case in question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot use such a card because the card is 'dead' i.e. out of supply...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Gosport
flag msg tools
badge
mb
d0gb0t wrote:
You cannot use such a card because the card is 'dead' i.e. out of supply...

This.

You're supposed to suffer for allowing the enemy to do nasty things to your settlements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filippo
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, that makes sense. It just seemed curious that on paragraph 4.4 all forbidden uses of the card are listed except maybe for the most obvious.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
That card is dead, dead, dead. In the vassal module when a settlement is out of the supply, the associated card has "OOS" on it as a reminder that the card is dead. Likewise a location under attack has a dead location card. And on the vassal module the card says "Battle in progress" as a reminder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.