3 Posts

London Dread» Forums » General

Subject: Character Skills rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Meleti
New Zealand
flag msg tools
My friend think the game is great except for the random draw 1 out of 6 cards during plot and challenge obstacles. He explains that it feels it makes no thematic sense for your character to pull a random move during a specific point in time.

What do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Reissmann
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XTrueFinale wrote:
My friend think the game is great except for the random draw 1 out of 6 cards during plot and challenge obstacles. He explains that it feels it makes no thematic sense for your character to pull a random move during a specific point in time.

What do you guys think?
I think it's more that you're seeing what aspect of their personality asserts itself in the current situation. Your character is dealing with something that's stressful and traumatic. You pull a card from the deck to see if they can handle it. The characters have the capability to be strong or courageous or charming but in the wrong state of mind they might just want to curl up into a ball and hide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime de Marcos
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using character cards means that you are using traits of your personality to overcome the difficulty. Each character has different traits, and one of them is a personal trauma. I think it is more thematic to use cards with descriptions of your personality rather than just throw a 6-sided die and see if you fail or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.