4 Posts

Crowdfunding: Kickstarter» Forums » General

Subject: ELEMENTS of Emirah on Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakob From
Denmark
flag msg tools
ELEMENTS of Emirah is a cooperative and competitive card game for the entire family. In ELEMENTS, you can't see what cards you have and you have to rely on information provided by your opponents. In the beginning, it's in the best interest of everyone to help each other; but as the game progresses that quickly changes. Although the game seems straightforward, you'll quickly learn that your opponents may not have your best interest at heart, and while they may not be allowed to give you false information, you can be sure they'll be as vague as possible.

Playing the wrong card at the wrong time can be costly; so you have to figure out a way to keep track of everything you've been told in order to win. It's not difficult at first, but after a couple of turns it may not be as simple as you thought it'd be.

ELEMENTS of Emirah is a game for the whole family, a group of friends or a way to break the ice with strangers. The game consists of 72 cards and allows for 2-5 players, but the amount of players can be increased by up to 5 with each additional game added. It's the perfect warm up game for a game night, as it's fun and challenging at the same time.

Kickstarter runs from Nov 6th 11:49 PM CET to Dec 6th 11:49 PM CET.

Base price per game is 150 DKK (roughly $22.5 or €20), which includes shipping worldwide.

If you have any questions, feel free to post a reply here or e-mail me at hawlboardgames@gmail.com

For more information, please see the Kickstarter campaign at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fromsolaris/elements-of...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you'll find more success with the BGG crowd if you post your rulebook as part of the campaign.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob From
Denmark
flag msg tools
Thanks for the tip, I've updated the Kickstarter with a link to the rulebook

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you blind playtested this? I've read a lot of rules and I only understand it because I'm familiar with Hanabi. I think people who aren't familiar with Hanabi would be pretty perplexed. A couple things to help revise your ruleset:

1. Lots of examples.
2. Stress the "hand facing away from you" aspect much more. I didn't notice it on the first readthrough, because once I'd read "deal five cards to each player" that setup step seemed to be done.
3. It takes way too long in the rules to learn the objective or win condition.
4. The playing of sets is not explained very clearly. We're told we get to play before we understand what we'd want to play or why.
5. You don't really explain what the hints are or what they should be. Examples would be helpful here. Again, this ruleset seems to assume people have played Hanabi.

Without external reviews you aren't going to get much traction. I would consider pulling your kickstarter, doing more upfront legwork, and re-launching when you've got a more thorough project ready.

Last, your price is way too high. $22 USD for 72 cards is pretty expensive. I'd expect a game like this to be $15 USD or maybe $18 USD, but $22 is more than I'd pay, and I'm not as picky as many are. By comparison, the Kickstarter for "spires" is $15 USD, and comes with 108 cards and a box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.