Adam L
United Kingdom
Gravesend
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for invisible alien state: THE INVISIBLE ALIEN is immune to the Sensor Item and the Spotlight Item. Instead of revealing his location, he must disclose his identity and reveal his character card when targeted with those cards.

OK. So far so good.

(a) Sensor Card - no problem. Player A plays sensor card on Player B (Invisible Alien) who then reveals his identity and says, "Sorry, you can't see me!"

but...

(b) Spotlight Card. Player A chooses a location (e.g. E11). Now suppose player B is on E11 or one of the surrounding 6 hexes. The rules state, Player B (Invisible Alien) must now reveal his EXACT LOCATION.

I understand that technically Player B still has an advantage, in that Player A does not know EXACTLY WHERE player B is. But if Player B says, "I'm the invisble Alien," he is still is forced to GIVE AWAY his location as 1 of 7 possible hexes anyway.

This seems less powerful than if somebody uses a Sensor. I guess thematically, is the alien "invisible" to sensors and "sort of invisible" against Bright Lights?

Anyone else got any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Falk Hartelius
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
This is Filip from Osprey Games.

You're absolutely right in flagging this issue. The original intent was for the Invisible Alien player to simply remain silent when a Spotlight card is used, but the rulebook text implies otherwise. Consider the following official errata:

ERRATA: 'The Alien Crew,' pg 6
THE INVISIBLE ALIEN is immune to the Sensor Item and the Spotlight Item. When targeted with the Sensor card, instead of revealing his location, he must disclose his identity and reveal his character card.

Thank you for pointing this out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any other errata or an official errata sheet somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Falk Hartelius
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Don Johnson wrote:
Is there any other errata or an official errata sheet somewhere?

Not to date

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam L
United Kingdom
Gravesend
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Filip
Thanks for your reply. I'm chuffed - this is the first time (to my knowledge) that i've spotted a rules issue!! So a first for me.

Thanks for clarifying so quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.