Subject: Deep Sea D-6 ??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Garrick
United Kingdom
South Shields
flag msg tools
mbmb
Tau Leader Games have suggested on the box of DSD6 that they could be more in the TLG Book Series.

The community have shouted out and asked for a co-op or a 2 player version, tony is active in the community and i beleive takes these things on board.

One thing I'd love is a retheme based on DSD6 with new mechanics, my idea is Deep Sea D6.

“You are the Captain of the USS Amethyst – a VCTR Nuclear Submarine on a covert mission in the uncharted depths of the arctic oceans looking for the secret base of The Hand, a dangeriously powerful organisation trying to instigate WW3 for their own benifit. Your Crew must survive the dark, dangerous depths to find destroy the base. What’s lurking in the darkness? Will you make it?”

You will see the same dice rolling mechanic that makes DSD6 a solid solo game but with added mechanics such as;

Radar Room– Looking through x amount of cards in the threat deck and rearrange one card as needed allowing you to plan ahead

Internal Repair– As we are not in far future in space we have no shields damage will be dealt by hull damage, breaches. Hull damage works the same, breaches work at specific points on your sub, these are dealt by a dice roll to determine where the damage or dealt or specific threat cards attack specific areas.

Breach Damage – If an area breaches we see water start coming in you have X amount of turns to seal the breach before the room is flooded and that action can no longer be taken.

Surfacing – You could retreat to the surface to repair your hull fully this sees your current attackers being shuffled back in to the threat deck along with x amount depending on difficulty taken from the discard and shuffled back in.

Launch codes - Each sub has a special weapon spesific for that sub type, Nuclear missle, Laser, Mine etc. you need a launch code to fire a launch code a 3 dice code lets say 3,4,6 and you can choose to use one of your commanders to roll the D6's and lock any of the number rolled allowing you to launch your special weapon

Threats – We could see things from Frogmen with blow torches trying to breach the hull to gain access to your sub if you cant electrify your hull and get rid of them they will be come internal threats.

System issues, its cold, very cold systems can freeze and work on a delay until fixed.

Mini armoured subs, HUGE tactical subs.

Sub arctic Animal threats like Giant Squids, SUPER sized wales that have been augmented with bio tech! animal threats could work like animals in real life if damaged X amount in a single turn and not killed they could retreat skip a turn and attack again with extra vigour!

And the all important Secret base of The Hand.

This is only one of many things that could be done with the DSD6/TLG Book Series of games. What would you like to see? DsD6 Legacy maybe?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now I'd love to see a retail release so I can buy the thing. After that? I'm open to more stuff, for sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, very detailed and vivid. I can tell you've been thinking about this for some time. Excellent ideas and I look forward to Tony or anyone for that matter to take up the torch and get it done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Garrick
United Kingdom
South Shields
flag msg tools
mbmb
@ohbalto

I missed the kickstarter but my Preorder showed up today!

I've spoke with tony via email over other curiosities i had with DSD6 and he is sound. He really didnt expect the game to be such a hit!

Hopefully a retail version will come out soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Garrick
United Kingdom
South Shields
flag msg tools
mbmb
@kingspud

lets say the preorders took a while to show up and after making a print and play version I've had a few ideas rattling round in my head! hah.

Hopefully Tony would pick it up, it would be amazing if he did. If not maybe somebody would, or if maybe even I could burst out on the scene as the next top solo game designer!

Who knows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool stuff here!

I'm such a huge nerd of science fiction that I'd only really feel comfortable using the system in a space sci-fi game (ironically, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was the first book to really introduce me to the wonders of sci-fi.)

All I can say is that my focus has been on fulfillment, and now that it is coming to an end, I can get back to designing the next stages of DSD-6.

A small expansion is coming first. A larger, stand-alone game will follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.