Subject: The Yoink model rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
I didn't want this to be just about Trump, so I thought I'd hold off on sharing this until after the election. I don't particularly care about my personal space, so I knew I didn't have a great mental model for empathizing with women who heard the pussy grab tape and related that to their own experience.

Instead, I thought about how I'd feel if people, especially powerful people, felt they could just grab whatever I and other not-powerful people were holding and walk off with it. Imagine someone walking by and jus think stealing your coffee or phone out of your hands. Imagine further that they thought you'd probably feel starstruck enough to appreciate their attention, and that authorities would mostly agree and be unwilling to rock the boat enough to prosecute.

I don't think it's a perfect model, but it helped me think about how indignant and disempowered a woman might feel. Not every woman has the same reaction, of course, and I assume most of us would agree that pretty theft isn't as invasive as sexual assault, but I felt like this was a thought-experiment which helped get me in the frame of mind of someone who felt vulnerable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
I didn't want this to be just about Trump, so I thought I'd hold off on sharing this until after the election. I don't particularly care about my personal space, so I knew I didn't have a great mental model for empathizing with women who heard the pussy grab tape and related that to their own experience.

Instead, I thought about how I'd feel if people, especially powerful people, felt they could just grab whatever I and other not-powerful people were holding and walk off with it. Imagine someone walking by and jus think stealing your coffee or phone out of your hands. Imagine further that they thought you'd probably feel starstruck enough to appreciate their attention, and that authorities would mostly agree and be unwilling to rock the boat enough to prosecute.

I don't think it's a perfect model, but it helped me think about how indignant and disempowered a woman might feel. Not every woman has the same reaction, of course, and I assume most of us would agree that pretty theft isn't as invasive as sexual assault, but I felt like this was a thought-experiment which helped get me in the frame of mind of someone who felt vulnerable.

Does your wife ever allow you to carry the testicles ? Holy shit dude, this looks like it was written by post menopausal widow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
jeremycobert wrote:
Does your wife ever allow you to carry the testicles ? Holy shit dude, this looks like it was written by post menopausal widow.
You are an 'expert' with those FROM becoming 'such' and *spotting* this instantly of yet another, meanwhile... googoo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
mbmb
ImaSokpupet wrote:
Quote:
Instead, I thought about how I'd feel if people, especially powerful people, felt they could just grab whatever I and other not-powerful people were holding and walk off with it.
The color of justice isn't black or white, it's green. If women women aren't smart enough to realize this, I empathize. We must protect these fragile, childlike creatures.

Is Justice one of those ideas that sleeps furiously?

Also kudos for knocking the intelligence of women women. That was a little funny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
ImaSokpupet wrote:
rinelk wrote:
ImaSokpupet wrote:
Quote:
Instead, I thought about how I'd feel if people, especially powerful people, felt they could just grab whatever I and other not-powerful people were holding and walk off with it.
The color of justice isn't black or white, it's green. If women women aren't smart enough to realize this, I empathize. We must protect these fragile, childlike creatures.

Is Justice one of those ideas that sleeps furiously?

Also kudos for knocking the intelligence of women women. That was a little funny.
Its called ridicule. I wasn't insulting women, I was insulting you. (or people who hold your beliefs)

It's not less ironic that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.