Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Moots
United States
Riley
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a high-res image of the ship suitable for printing in a large-scale format? I find the board too crowded and would like to print out a larger version in vinyl. I'd scan my own, but it would have that big fold down the middle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You could touch up the scan, surely?

This 8th edition photo is pretty good:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have made a vector based version of the map. It can be printed at any size with no loss of resolution. PM me if you are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I printed it for use with models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Moots
United States
Riley
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great! I had seen Indigo's picture
which is nice but too small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter X
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The board is definitely too crowded, because in most games some areas end up holding a great melee of Green Things and crew plus their weapons, and it's useful to be able to place them against what they're attacking to keep track of it all.

Printing a bigger ship would be a good way to go, but the solution I adopted was to paint a double size ship on 3mm hardboard, with my own colour scheme as I was using leftover paint. So I have corridors in "mango crush" (a sort of orange), grey rooms with magnolia walls and engines, light green sensors and dark blue space; it all works rather well. I'm particularly proud of the dappled white paint effect I used for the engines' exhaust, and will see if I can find a way to upload a photo. As I've yet to do the room names and the weapon effects chart, I just use the original board for those.

This board is only any good to me at home, as it's rigid, I don't drive, and it would be awkward to take on London's very crowded public transport. Maybe I should make a hinged version of it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Moots
United States
Riley
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter X wrote:
Printing a bigger ship would be a good way to go, but the solution I adopted was to paint a double size ship on 3mm hardboard, with my own colour scheme as I was using leftover paint. So I have corridors in "mango crush" (a sort of orange), grey rooms with magnolia walls and engines, light green sensors and dark blue space; it all works rather well. I'm particularly proud of the dappled white paint effect I used for the engines' exhaust, and will see if I can find a way to upload a photo.

Mattias' board is going to work for me, but I look forward to seeing yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.