$20.00
$60.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
62 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Clinton's biggest blunder??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Time for Monday (Wednesday) morning quarterbacking. What do you think her biggest mistake was?

For me, spreading the resources thin. She grasped at EVERYTHING (Arizona? Really?), when all she had to do is camp out in the Rust Belt with Jay Z and Beyonce for 2 weeks, and thus maintain her firewall. States like Ohio and Florida would have been a fatal blow, but really completely unnecessary in her electoral math. How many millions and millions and millions of dollars did she blow there? Florida is SUPER expensive to campaign in, as is Ohio. North Carolina (also expensive) wasn't even won by Obama in 2012, what the hell was she thinking?

As a side-point of that main point, she should have crafted her message more towards the working class. You can't just tell them Trump is a Republican and they hate the working class, especially when Trump made his entire campaign about them. She got outflanked from the LEFT by Donald when it comes to many economic issues, especially the ones they care about.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
email or emails. plain and simple.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
email or emails. plain and simple.


I meant strategic blunder. They would have tarred and feathered her with whatever imaginary "scandal" (Whitewater, Benghazi, Clinton Foundation, take your pick) they could even if the e-mail situation didn't happen.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
"Being" HRC, with much more akin of 'ruinous dynastic traits' of which "Dems the 'brakes'!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
In the end...being her.
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
You can't just tell them Trump is a Republican and they hate the working class, especially when Trump made his entire campaign about them. She got outflanked from the LEFT by Donald when it comes to many economic issues, especially the ones they care about.


I agree, she ran against a Conservative, when there wasn't one in the race.

Wisconsin didn't flip because it suddenly got more classically Conservative. It flipped because Donald was uniquely able to reject a lot of the standard Conservative economic policy in a way that appealed to them.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
jeremycobert wrote:
email or emails. plain and simple.
Shampoo4you wrote:


I meant strategic blunder. They would have tarred and feathered her with whatever imaginary "scandal" (Whitewater, Benghazi, Clinton Foundation, take your pick) they could even if the e-mail situation didn't happen.
The 'contentious content' of which they "comprised"? How many ways were 'donations' "solicited" and from whom! surprise
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
In the end...being her.
Yeah, I'm not sure this is the core reason the Democrats lost, but is the reason she lost. The Democrats did not give a candidate that enough centrists and moderate conservatives could hold their nose for in the dark shadow of Trump. I think both parties produced the worst choice of their respective primary systems. It's time to dismantle both of them.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Twenty years of being the right-wing media's punching bag took its toll. She was toxic to a great many white voters... for good and bad reasons.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Democrats had a candidate who tapped into a populist movement. The party acted to help Clinton defeat him. The Republican establishment was, obviously, not happy with Trump. However, they didn't act behind the scenes the way the DNC did with respect to Sanders. Nor does the Republican party have the "establishment control mechanism" that the DNC has, in the so called super delegates (92% of whom were "assigned" to Clinton off the top). There was obviously a lot of discontent with the "political establishment" and while Trump tapped into that Clinton did not / could not.

Beyond that I think polls and effective management of issues lulled the Clinton camp into a false sense of security. Trump voters were motivated, and came out to vote while many of those who may have said they supported Clinton actually simply didn't like Trump but weren't quite as motivated. I think taking advantage of the bias of the DNC in order to defeat Sanders more quickly and easily than she may have otherwise, and getting caught at it, cost her in the end.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clinton's biggest blunder was running.

Has any candidate starting with her negative numbers* ever come close? She was confident that she could buck history and overcome them and, if the Reps had put up anyone but Trump, it wouldn't have been close.

*I'm feeling benevolent, let's stipulate for discussion that they were undeserved. Who cares why, a significant fraction of the country disliked her as a candidate.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
She also relied on Millennials.

-DK
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
I've just checked, and Hillary 'won' the popular vote, not really by much in fact. So the country is equally split, it was more a race to the bottom than a victory vs loss.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe Cool wrote:
I've just checked, and Hillary 'won' the popular vote, not really by much in fact. So the country is equally split, it was more a race to the bottom than a victory vs loss.


Some people just want to watch the world burn.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
email or emails. plain and simple.


I meant strategic blunder. They would have tarred and feathered her with whatever imaginary "scandal" (Whitewater, Benghazi, Clinton Foundation, take your pick) they could even if the e-mail situation didn't happen.


Who is "they" ? the press ? they did everything they could to prevent anything from sticking to her. Hell they even helped her by feeding her campaign questions before the debates.

Her strategic blunders all are related to email. Setting up her own server, hiding it and then getting it leaked.

This was the year of the internet/ethical hacker/ information.

I predict going forwards, there will never be another leak of information like this. In fact now, political hacks with any eye on the future are deleting or removing all accounts connected to the internet.

From a campaign standpoint her biggest problem was having no real message. Trump stuck with "make america great" Clinton had no real message other then she was a woman and not as bad as Trump.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
email or emails. plain and simple.


I meant strategic blunder. They would have tarred and feathered her with whatever imaginary "scandal" (Whitewater, Benghazi, Clinton Foundation, take your pick) they could even if the e-mail situation didn't happen.


Who is "they" ? the press ? they did everything they could to prevent anything from sticking to her. Hell they even helped her by feeding her campaign questions before the debates.

Her strategic blunders all are related to email. Setting up her own server, hiding it and then getting it leaked.

This was the year of the internet/ethical hacker/ information.

I predict going forwards, there will never be another leak of information like this. In fact now, political hacks with any eye on the future are deleting or removing all accounts connected to the internet.

From a campaign standpoint her biggest problem was having no real message. Trump stuck with "make america great" Clinton had no real message other then she was a woman and not as bad as Trump.



I would say her biggest blunder was continually lying about the emails long after she was caught red handled.

She crushed her own credibility.

And Americans have had it with lying insider elitist politicians.

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Truth.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
Another one is taking for granted the votes of Wisconsin, Michigan and a lesser extent PA. Correct me if I am wrong - but she never visited WI during the General election campaign.....
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="Rygel
And Americans have had it with lying insider elitist politicians.

[/q]

I wonder if it will be four or eight years before they've had it with lying rabble rousing elitist politicians.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kokaly
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Making the campaign about Trump as a danger and not about her own policies. People either saw him that way or not based on his own words/actions, she didn't need to spend anytime on that yet it was the majority of her effort at the end. A retort to "Make America Great Again" with "No he won't" doesn't apparently play well as the primary message to voters.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
deadkenny wrote:
The Republican establishment was, obviously, not happy with Trump. However, they didn't act behind the scenes the way the DNC did with respect to Sanders.

Yeah, I bet you are wrong on that one. Just because they didn't get caught doesn't mean it didn't happen.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
mtkokaly wrote:
Making the campaign about Trump as a danger and not about her own policies. People either saw him that way or not based on his own words/actions, she didn't need to spend anytime on that yet it was the majority of her effort at the end. A retort to "Make America Great Again" with "No he won't" doesn't apparently play well as the primary message to voters.


Politics is a difficult business. In the end the only thing that seems to work is lying. You think telling those rust belt voters the truth is going to get them to vote Democrat? Everyone loves to hear that the president is going to magically fix all their problems. That is how Obama won, well that and being black. "Yes we can", etc. He was also a much better public speaker, Hillary just doesn't have the right voice or body language for it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sfox wrote:
deadkenny wrote:
The Republican establishment was, obviously, not happy with Trump. However, they didn't act behind the scenes the way the DNC did with respect to Sanders.

Yeah, I bet you are wrong on that one. Just because they didn't get caught doesn't mean it didn't happen.


Well, just to caveat my statement, feel free to add "effectively" between "act" and "behind". If they fed debate questions to other candidates before the debates, the other candidates didn't make much use of the prior information.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
deadkenny wrote:
sfox wrote:
deadkenny wrote:
The Republican establishment was, obviously, not happy with Trump. However, they didn't act behind the scenes the way the DNC did with respect to Sanders.

Yeah, I bet you are wrong on that one. Just because they didn't get caught doesn't mean it didn't happen.


Well, just to caveat my statement, feel free to add "effectively" between "act" and "behind". If they fed debate questions to other candidates before the debates, the other candidates didn't make much use of the prior information.

The only thing about this election that makes me happy is knowing that Cruz hates Trump and he knows he carries a lot of responsibility for Trumping staying around long enough to win the Republican primaries. Damn I really hate Cruz... thinking about that shithead suffering really brightens my day.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Joe says...Be nice today!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
email or emails. plain and simple.


I meant strategic blunder. They would have tarred and feathered her with whatever imaginary "scandal" (Whitewater, Benghazi, Clinton Foundation, take your pick) they could even if the e-mail situation didn't happen.


Her choice for VP pretty much confirmed the liar she was about the TPP and how bought and paid for she really was.

Sanders or Warren would have given her a shot at getting a lot more votes but she didn't want to risk her bosses getting mad and send her less bribes donations.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.