Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Robotech RPG Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: Wave 2 pdf rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just played with the wave 2 stuff at drive through rpg. Female power armor is OP as all hell. Also can't figure out what the 25mm bases are for.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dangit. I saw "Wave 2 pdf" in my subscriptions and thought maybe someone had compiled all the stray cards into one doc.

RockstarSuperVillain wrote:
Just played with the wave 2 stuff at drive through rpg. Female power armor is OP as all hell. Also can't figure out what the 25mm bases are for.

I'd guess that any balancing in the original set was done by ND. With them out of the way, you've got Palladium, and from some of his writing I literally do not think Kevin understands the very concept of game balance.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
I can't say its unbalanced just yet. Maybe OP is wrong...I dunno. We played an escort game and it lasted half a turn. The armor tripled their movement and landed blasts on the trucks and it was over.


Then we played a normal game and it took 3 squads of random human mechs to kill off one squad of power armor. But once it was gone that was half my force.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Dangit. I saw "Wave 2 pdf" in my subscriptions and thought maybe someone had compiled all the stray cards into one doc.


Yeah, BGG users sure know how to post click-bait!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
With them out of the way, you've got Palladium, and from some of his writing I literally do not think Kevin understands the very concept of game balance.


I have not touched the pdf or looked at Wave 2 in any way, but I'd feel 100% comfortable making bold proclamations about imbalance based on KS/Palladium's track record.

Yes, that sounds sarcastic - it's not. I agree with Storm 100%.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
You can check the rules now though. They are in the wave 1 book. Always have been
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.