Subject: Next Expansion to Purchase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandra M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!

I really like Smash Up, but it's not a favourite of some of my friends, so I unfortunately can't go all out and get all the expansions, sadly. I currently own the base game, Pretty Pretty, and It's All Your Fault.

I really love Pretty Pretty, especially the ponies and princesses for their functionality and features (though the kitties are super cute!), and I really like the greek gods and superheroes from It's All Your Fault. I like the tornadoes, sharks, and dragons too, but the others match my style of gameplay better.

What expansion would you recommend me to get next? I am really interested in picking up a new one.

Thanks so much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smash Up: Munchkin is a fun big box expansion for Smash Up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Awesome Level 9000. Steampunk and Killer Plants are two of my favorite factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome Level 9000
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alexangiraffe wrote:
Hi everyone!

I really like Smash Up, but it's not a favourite of some of my friends, so I unfortunately can't go all out and get all the expansions, sadly. I currently own the base game, Pretty Pretty, and It's All Your Fault.

I really love Pretty Pretty, especially the ponies and princesses for their functionality and features (though the kitties are super cute!), and I really like the greek gods and superheroes from It's All Your Fault. I like the tornadoes, sharks, and dragons too, but the others match my style of gameplay better.

What expansion would you recommend me to get next? I am really interested in picking up a new one.

Thanks so much

I'd say you have a good set (I've been paring down my smashup collection) but if you add one set, add the Awesome level 9000.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aaj94 wrote:
alexangiraffe wrote:
Hi everyone!

Thanks so much

I'd say you have a good set (I've been paring down my smashup collection) but if you add one set, add the Awesome level 9000.

I'm a big fan of Cease and Desist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Big in Japan coming in 2017! Tons of Games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have bias of course... so I could say all of them!!! But I would recommend Awesome Level 9000 or Cease and Desist next given what you said. Science Fiction Double Feature might be a good follow up one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Moser

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmb
It's Your Fault all the way.

You get 5 factions for the price of one. Sharks and Dragons are really fun to play, Greeks can get really insane, and Tornadoes and Superheroes are cool, but maybe a bit more boring with more expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim D
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexangiraffe wrote:
Hi everyone!

Thanks so much

Based on what you say you like (Princesses, Mythical Horses, Greek Myths and Superheroes - all have beafy minions or can make big plays), I think you will most likely like:
In AL9K: Steampunk, Bear Cavalry, and probably Killer Plants
In TOCS: Elder Things
In SFDF: Cyber Apes, maybe Shapeshifters
In Monster Smash: Werewolves
In Munchkin Smash: Orcs, Warriors, maybe Halflings and Dwarves
In C&D: Changerbots, Astroknights

I would recommend C&D or AL9K for you.
(Edit: apparently I came to the same conclusion as Todd from AEG. Both of our feedbacks are clearly based on what you wrote, and not on our own preferences)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Czerniewski
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You will almost certainly need the Big Geeky Box to store all your stuff.

I would suggest either AL9K or C&D for your next expansion after the Box. I personally like the Cthulhu set and the Munchkin set, but to each his/her own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo B.
Italy
Genova
flag msg tools
All right. Then, fine. The title is "Cheese Song". Eh-hem. Hn... Here I go:
badge
Pizza mozzarella~ ♪ Pizza mozzarella~ ♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella~ ♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella~ ♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella~ ♪ Pizza mozzarella~ ♪
mbmbmbmbmb
dhc3po wrote:
I like Awesome Level 9000. Steampunk and Killer Plants are two of my favorite factions.

+1 for Awesome Level 9000 thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amadeus-Dorian Zalmanovici
Romania
flag msg tools
I suggest you get everything ) except munchkin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin González
msg tools
alexangiraffe wrote:
Hi everyone!

Thanks so much

I think either Munchkin or Cthulhu may be reasonable buys, simply because it makes the game play on a different way that may appeal more to those who do not love Smash Up in your group.

Some of my friends were starting to get bored with the game. Munchkin Smash Up helped me out tons with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johny D
msg tools
mbmbmb
andrewkapish wrote:
Awesome Level 9000

Basically this... You upgrade the base cards from the first game, while getting 4 solid and fun factions to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.